kaisersose
10-17 11:47 AM
Hi,
My LCA Job title is "Computer and Information Systems Manager" , O-net Job Code 11-3021.00. Can I take a job of "Computer Systems Engineers/Architects" , O-net Job Code 15-1099.02. Is it not considered as similar occupation?
Thanks,
By definition, if they were similar, they would be under the same main code.
Otherwise, we can find something common between any two jobs in this universe and claim similarity. This is open to interpretation and we should not rely on USCIS to be favorable in their interpretations all the time. Hence, I suggest you avoid such risks. But I would also add that you should be consulting attorneys and getting professional counsel in this matter.
My LCA Job title is "Computer and Information Systems Manager" , O-net Job Code 11-3021.00. Can I take a job of "Computer Systems Engineers/Architects" , O-net Job Code 15-1099.02. Is it not considered as similar occupation?
Thanks,
By definition, if they were similar, they would be under the same main code.
Otherwise, we can find something common between any two jobs in this universe and claim similarity. This is open to interpretation and we should not rely on USCIS to be favorable in their interpretations all the time. Hence, I suggest you avoid such risks. But I would also add that you should be consulting attorneys and getting professional counsel in this matter.
wallpaper Crested Breeds
nlssubbu
05-19 01:08 PM
In the similar boat.. I received sms/email on 13th that 485 has been approved but have not received any welcome/approval letter till date. I am on H1b. It has expired and I don't have Advance Parole also. I need to travel urgently in first week of June 2011. I was thinking of getting my H1b stamped during the trip, but since that's not possible what are my options???
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.
Try your luck!
Regards
I called my lawyers office but really didn't get any sound reply... seems like that lost interest once I told them I am not filing EAD/AP and GC is approved
Why don't you take an Info-Pass and check with an immigration officer? In case of GC approved but yet to be received at your end, there is a possibility that they can stamp your passport with temporary GC (I-551 i think) for urgent travel.
Try your luck!
Regards
GoneSouth
05-31 09:37 AM
You guys have my $100.00. 502(d)(2) must die ! ;-)
Good luck !
- GS
Good luck !
- GS
2011 Small chicken breeds are known
jay75
08-04 12:55 PM
EB3 I - I140 pending , applied on 8/9/2007...sorry for the typo from the subject
more...
pd_recapturing
08-14 06:18 PM
Bumping up !

questforgc
02-21 09:22 PM
To all Experts/Gurus, please advice on this issue.
I hold a H-1B status as well as I-485 Adjustment of Status Pending.
I am the primary applicant in this Eb-2 petition PD July 2006. I am with the same employer for the past four years and they are the sponsor of the green card petition as well.
I have got admit to PhD in EECS at MIT (Top program in US) and would like to pursue that option.
1. Can i continue full time PhD on my I-485 pending visa status? The PhD will be a natural progression of my current research job with my employer.
2. Do i need to change to a F-1 Visa? From what i understand, I think one cannot change from I-485 to F-1.
3. From what i understand, i can keep my I-485 pending status while doing full time study provided i have an offer from my current employer/other employer willing to hire me upon approval of the I-485. Is this correct?
4. Regarding the procedure to do this, do i need to get an offer in writing from my current employer/future employer before i start the full time study? Or do i need to get this written offer from the employer if and when i receive an RFE from USCIS?
5. Do i need to proactively invoke AC21 for doing this and let USCIS know?
6. How long do i need to stay with the employer once my I-485 is approved? I hear 6 months as a good period.
7. If the I-485 gets approved in the middle of a semester, how soon do i need to start working for the employer?
8. Any other creative ideas to sail through this like keep engagement with current employer say by consulting few hours a week etc.?
9. Do i have any realistic chance of I-485 approval before September 2009? From the recent infopass, i was told that name check, FP check, background check are done but my FP have expired. I was told that i will receive a FP notice but i don't know when.
These might have already been discussed in previous threads, but i would appreciate response from experts/gurus.
Thanks.
I hold a H-1B status as well as I-485 Adjustment of Status Pending.
I am the primary applicant in this Eb-2 petition PD July 2006. I am with the same employer for the past four years and they are the sponsor of the green card petition as well.
I have got admit to PhD in EECS at MIT (Top program in US) and would like to pursue that option.
1. Can i continue full time PhD on my I-485 pending visa status? The PhD will be a natural progression of my current research job with my employer.
2. Do i need to change to a F-1 Visa? From what i understand, I think one cannot change from I-485 to F-1.
3. From what i understand, i can keep my I-485 pending status while doing full time study provided i have an offer from my current employer/other employer willing to hire me upon approval of the I-485. Is this correct?
4. Regarding the procedure to do this, do i need to get an offer in writing from my current employer/future employer before i start the full time study? Or do i need to get this written offer from the employer if and when i receive an RFE from USCIS?
5. Do i need to proactively invoke AC21 for doing this and let USCIS know?
6. How long do i need to stay with the employer once my I-485 is approved? I hear 6 months as a good period.
7. If the I-485 gets approved in the middle of a semester, how soon do i need to start working for the employer?
8. Any other creative ideas to sail through this like keep engagement with current employer say by consulting few hours a week etc.?
9. Do i have any realistic chance of I-485 approval before September 2009? From the recent infopass, i was told that name check, FP check, background check are done but my FP have expired. I was told that i will receive a FP notice but i don't know when.
These might have already been discussed in previous threads, but i would appreciate response from experts/gurus.
Thanks.
more...
mhathi
04-30 03:39 PM
Category: EB3 (Regular)
Applied: November 20th, 2006
approved: April 12th, 2007.
Applied: November 20th, 2006
approved: April 12th, 2007.
2010 white-leghorn-antam
gk_2000
11-02 07:58 PM
gali gali mein phirta hei
tu kyu banke banjara
aa mere dil mein bas ja
mere nagrik awara
tu kyu banke banjara
aa mere dil mein bas ja
mere nagrik awara
more...
txh1b
08-16 05:14 PM
1. Depends on the IO. Most of them take you for the interview together unless the legitamacy of your marriage is in question which will not likely be the case for employment based GC unless the marriage was close to the visa bulletin date or similar.
2. You can take any attorney you want to however it is not needed if your case is straight forward. If you have out of stay period , gap in employment and criminal issue, an attorney can just advise you in case the IO asks something that is against the law or you answering the question might prove to have bad consequences. The attorney cannot answer any of the questions asked. Take all documents and not just the ones mentioned in the interview. It would help you for any out of the way questions.
AN attorney is really not needed for many cases unless you have any criminal convictions or borderline legal points to make you eligible for the 485.
2. You can take any attorney you want to however it is not needed if your case is straight forward. If you have out of stay period , gap in employment and criminal issue, an attorney can just advise you in case the IO asks something that is against the law or you answering the question might prove to have bad consequences. The attorney cannot answer any of the questions asked. Take all documents and not just the ones mentioned in the interview. It would help you for any out of the way questions.
AN attorney is really not needed for many cases unless you have any criminal convictions or borderline legal points to make you eligible for the 485.
hair Bantam Adventure | Hip Chick
NIW
08-30 05:33 PM
We all sincerely appreciate your support & generosity. Keep us updating on immigration news.
Thanks
Srikanth
P.S: I can't donate for IV at this time as I have promised $350/month to a charity org. But I surely will in future.
Thanks
Srikanth
P.S: I can't donate for IV at this time as I have promised $350/month to a charity org. But I surely will in future.
more...
donelson
January 7th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I picked up the 105 Micro Nikkor about a month ago to use with my D100, and while I haven't taken a lot of pictures with it, yet, I've been happy with the ones I have taken. I did quite a bit of research before I bought it and determined that this would be a little better for my needs than the 60mm. Hope this helps.
Don :)
I take macro photographs of gems and jewelry to be sold on the Internet. Currently, I use a coolpix 5000 and get some pretty good photos from it. I use a light box and different light sources (fluorescent & incandescent) to capture color and color-changes in the gems.
I just bought a d70 and now need a good macro lens for it. I tried the promaster 100mm macro (I think it is the vivitar lens) and it didn't work to well for me. My 1:1 macro images are all under exposed and not as clear as I have seen. They are actually blurry when blown up 100% on my monitor. I use a good tripod and stopped down to f22 to increase depth of field. If I pull back a bit, the images get better, but then I don't have the magnification I need.
I take the photos on extra white laser printer paper and most of the time, use indirect 5000K fluorescent lighting in a light box. I don't understand why my 1:1 photos seem to be underexposed. The white paper looks gray and the gem is dark and dull. Photos taken with my coolpix 5000 look great. The background is white, and the gems are lively.
After my disappointment with the cheap promaster lens, I made the decision to purchase the Nikon 105 Micro, but when I called to order it (from expresscamera.com), they asked me why I was purchasing a 35mm lens for my digital camera. They suggested the Sigma 105mm EX DG lens and wanted to sell it to me for $650. They said that this sigma lens was better than the Nikon for digital cameras and that the Nikon would also take underexposed photos. This could be that they just didn�t want to sell me the Nikon lens for $500 and wanted to sell me a $400 sigma lens for $650.:mad:
I need a lens that will allow me to blow the photos up to 100% on my monitor and they will be clear and the gem needs to look like a gem and not a dark crystal.
Don :)
I take macro photographs of gems and jewelry to be sold on the Internet. Currently, I use a coolpix 5000 and get some pretty good photos from it. I use a light box and different light sources (fluorescent & incandescent) to capture color and color-changes in the gems.
I just bought a d70 and now need a good macro lens for it. I tried the promaster 100mm macro (I think it is the vivitar lens) and it didn't work to well for me. My 1:1 macro images are all under exposed and not as clear as I have seen. They are actually blurry when blown up 100% on my monitor. I use a good tripod and stopped down to f22 to increase depth of field. If I pull back a bit, the images get better, but then I don't have the magnification I need.
I take the photos on extra white laser printer paper and most of the time, use indirect 5000K fluorescent lighting in a light box. I don't understand why my 1:1 photos seem to be underexposed. The white paper looks gray and the gem is dark and dull. Photos taken with my coolpix 5000 look great. The background is white, and the gems are lively.
After my disappointment with the cheap promaster lens, I made the decision to purchase the Nikon 105 Micro, but when I called to order it (from expresscamera.com), they asked me why I was purchasing a 35mm lens for my digital camera. They suggested the Sigma 105mm EX DG lens and wanted to sell it to me for $650. They said that this sigma lens was better than the Nikon for digital cameras and that the Nikon would also take underexposed photos. This could be that they just didn�t want to sell me the Nikon lens for $500 and wanted to sell me a $400 sigma lens for $650.:mad:
I need a lens that will allow me to blow the photos up to 100% on my monitor and they will be clear and the gem needs to look like a gem and not a dark crystal.
hot Bantam Chickens

frankiesaysrelax
01-19 03:50 PM
I sent out my letter to the prez (and the IV copy) last week. The ones who are lurking here right now without having done that yet: you have no excuse. At a minimum, it will cost you first class postage, a print out of the contents, a sign at the bottom and a trip to the mailbox. If you feel lazy about it, shame on you. If you think it will not make a difference, think again. Not only you are wrong, you have no idea by how much. If you open your mind a bit and send me a PM, I will send you personal anecdotes on how it made a difference for individuals and that too when it was not even part of a concerted effort like this.
more...
house Exoticss frizzle chickens
kumar1
12-26 12:48 PM
Context is very important here. IRS has its own rules, USCIS has got its own and then universities have their own set of rules. I have had a lot of fight with university to get in-state tution fee on H-4 visa. So please explain your context and I can shed some more light on this topic (based on my own experience).
tattoo little Pekin antam hens
highertruth
07-30 04:01 PM
YouTube - AAH - AAJA RE AB MERA DIL PUKARA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW2J7zLZwLU)
This is fun. Lets vote the best entry.
This is fun. Lets vote the best entry.
more...
pictures ornamental chicken breeds,
mrdelhiite
02-01 09:42 AM
This is a perfect example of creating more problems for everyone including yourself. IF everyone applies 2 H1 just to make sure there probability increases the overall probability of one getting H1 stays the same. The problem comes when someone plays by book and applies only one H1. By your action his probability is decreased. This is something my conscious won’t allow. When i was applying a H1 i had option to go for a regular H1 or last years left over masters Quota (The first year masters Quota opened, USCIS started accepting applications in Jan for that already started fiscal year). I decided to go for the Masters one so that i don’t use up a number from the coming year's regular or masters quota .. i could have saved money staying on OPT but i did not
Moral of the story .... please think about ur actions and be considerate to others. We is stronger then me.
-M
Moral of the story .... please think about ur actions and be considerate to others. We is stronger then me.
-M
dresses We bought a tiny antam hen
nihar
11-23 08:07 PM
The issue is that i had applied for my h1 status this year and im completing my mba this year , as i thought i would be able to complete get a job . But alas now all im in is a soup . im about to complete my mba and be eligible for my cpt at the same time i have a dilema about my h1 approved or not . the query is dated the same day as the approval letter . now wat shud i do . i want to get a job and also guide me as to how should i apply for my jobs and also what should i do
more...
makeup chicken breeds In
go_gc_way
05-12 11:00 AM
Good job Amith and other folks!
girlfriend chicken breeds chart. chicken
sp99
08-18 01:45 PM
Hello Folks,
I was also in the same dilemma 2 weeks back but now that i have DISH IPTV, i am very happy with the quality of the channels. I ordered Hindi Superpack, i was interested in Elite pack but it has $6 charge which becomes $40 for 4 channnels but add 4.99 and u get 8 channels...i was worried about buffering and quality of the programming but it is awesome..i watch it on my 50inch plasma..it is great..let me know if u have any more questions...
I was also in the same dilemma 2 weeks back but now that i have DISH IPTV, i am very happy with the quality of the channels. I ordered Hindi Superpack, i was interested in Elite pack but it has $6 charge which becomes $40 for 4 channnels but add 4.99 and u get 8 channels...i was worried about buffering and quality of the programming but it is awesome..i watch it on my 50inch plasma..it is great..let me know if u have any more questions...
hairstyles Silver Sebright Chick (Bantam)
deafTunes123
11-13 03:01 PM
I am curious. What is WOM?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
Gurus?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.
Gurus?
raju_abc
07-23 11:18 AM
Pittsburg ?? what state CA or PA ?? since there is no "h", I assume you are talking about pittsburg in CA ...
Its Pittsburgh , PA
Its Pittsburgh , PA
lskreddy
07-30 11:22 AM
These calls with Ombudsman are important because they are attended by USCS and probably other officials from DHS. It is a time to talk about policy matters, recommendations, response of these recommendations from USCIS, and delays in their implementation. That can help bring positive changes for everyone rather than questions about individual cases. Just my opinion.
I do not doubt that these calls serve a purpose. What I am not very happy about is what transpires after the call. I look for some kind of gratification or closure after a certain issue has been raised. When we participate in such calls with Ombudsman, and even when individuals focus on their own issues, it would not be too difficult to identify some of the generic problems. From the calls this time and the past one, I would be surprised it they did not see customer service and processing times as major issues. Not to say these are high priority problems but that most likely would be the summary of two calls.
But, what happens after that? We do not see what procedures are in place/discussions to rectify these problems.
Thats where I think calls/meeting with USCIS local or DC body could help. Thanks for pointing out that such meetings are already in the works. I will defer my discussion to my local chapter. Thanks.
I do not doubt that these calls serve a purpose. What I am not very happy about is what transpires after the call. I look for some kind of gratification or closure after a certain issue has been raised. When we participate in such calls with Ombudsman, and even when individuals focus on their own issues, it would not be too difficult to identify some of the generic problems. From the calls this time and the past one, I would be surprised it they did not see customer service and processing times as major issues. Not to say these are high priority problems but that most likely would be the summary of two calls.
But, what happens after that? We do not see what procedures are in place/discussions to rectify these problems.
Thats where I think calls/meeting with USCIS local or DC body could help. Thanks for pointing out that such meetings are already in the works. I will defer my discussion to my local chapter. Thanks.