imm_pro
05-20 01:13 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=26605
looks like the Agjobs amendment tagged to this bill is drawing lot of attention and negative publicity..
This is why we keep close watch on Congress. In a bipartisan effort accomplished quickly and virtually under the table, Sens. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) -- in Senate Appropriations markup of the War Supplemental bill -- obtained approval of an amendment that would create an amnesty for illegal alien farm workers. The measure, called the Emergency Agriculture Relief Act, was added to the War Supplemental bill in a 17-12 vote last Thursday.
Known as the AgJob amendment, the Feinstein-Craig measure revived instantaneously the controversy that caused conservatives to lash out at the White House and Congress last summer.
The measure would grant temporary legal status to 1.35 million illegal immigrants and their families currently working in the agricultural field. The legislation was passed out of committee at the request of agribusiness interests who have been insisting that they need illegal aliens to harvest crops and run horse shows. The legislation is nothing less than �comprehensive immigration reform� on a smaller scale.
What supporters of the amendment are calling �emergency� and �temporary�, opponents have labeled an �amnesty visa.� Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) said he considered the amendment amnesty and that �all these immigration issues should be addressed through the regular order."
Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) opposes the amendment and said he will be working to remove it from the supplemental bill.
�Instead of ensuring that American troops are provided with the tools and resources that they need to protect our homeland, some in the Senate have instead chosen to jeopardize this funding by inserting provisions that are -- at best -- counterproductive to the efforts of our military members,� said Vitter in a press release.
According to Feinstein, the legislation is supported by the American Farm Bureau, the United Farm Workers, and other similar organizations but this is likely because it allows those employers to continue paying excessively low wages.
Feinstein assured the Appropriations Committee that the bill was not an amnesty because it requires the individuals work at least 100 days a year in the agricultural industry for the next five years.
�It is an emergency agricultural worker bill, which will give protected status to those workers who have worked in agriculture within the last 48 months,� she said, also noting that the U.S. would lose $5-9 billion to foreign competition without it.
Those are the same arguments that we heard last summer. In truth, Feinstein-Craig DOES provide amnesty for an unknown number of illegal workers. It provides, as the Bush-McCain-Kennedy bill did, a path to citizenship for some illegal aliens.
The amendment will go through the Senate this week as they consider the Iraq spending bill as a whole. At this writing, it isn�t clear that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will bring the measure to the floor for a vote.
NumbersUSA, an organization fighting illegal immigration, called the amendment �outrageous� and urged constituents to contact their political leaders. They noted that because families can also obtain temporary legal status through the amendment, it could reach almost 3 million people.
�The most important point to stress is that there is no need for an amnesty to provide growers with workers�there already is an H-2A foreign agricultural worker program that provides growers with an unlimited number of temporary workers if the growers agree to pay a decent wage and ensure that they go home at the end of the season,� said NumbersUSA news release.
Some farming organizations, like the Northwest Growers Association, not only support the measure but don�t think it does enough. They claim the AgJobs amendment doesn�t do enough for illegal aliens because it includes an �unrealistic visa cap.�
But the H-2A visa program exists and works without a cap. While Craig and others claim �oranges are rotting� on trees and needs illegal aliens to tend to our agriculture, places like the North Carolina Grower�s Association (NCGA, spotlighted on Michelle Malkin�s blog), oppose the amendment and have fared well with H-2A. NCGA utilizes H-2A to its fullest capacity as other agricultural organizations do not.
Additionally, AgJobs would maximize H-2B visas (lower skill, non-agricultural seasonal workers) and push an influx of more illegal immigrants, which clashes with what the American people want. They demonstrated their disapproval of amnesty proposals last year by a bipartisan grassroots effort to kill the immigration reform bill of 2007.
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md) also slipped in an amendment supporting illegal immigrants in the supplemental bill. Mikulski hopes to extend a program for temporary workers to re-enter the country without being subject to the limits on H2B visas. In a Congress Daily article, she said, "If you like Maryland crabs, vote for this amendment.�
"It seems that the members of the Senate Appropriations Committee love our troops�but for entirely different reasons: they provide convenient cover for passing special interest legislation to benefit illegal aliens and powerful business lobbies," wrote Ira Mehlman, Media Director of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) in an opinion piece yesterday.
Mehlman also reported that Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wa.) added a provision that would include 218,000 visas for skilled foreign workers. Part of the problem is this: Right now, America�s population is 300 million. At the rate we are going with illegal immigrants (sped up by amendments like these), the US Census Bureau estimates the population will be 450 million by 2050. If a Democrat, entitlement-oriented government sinks its teeth in, taxes will be higher than ever and freedom will be in jeopardy.
The Senate will begin debate on the supplemental bill tomorrow and is likely to vote on it before the end of the week. Some Republican senators -- including Alabama�s Jeff Sessions and others -- are working hard to expunge the illegal alien amnesty provisions. The only thing that may save the day is that the Democrats are including many of the antiwar measures that the president has vetoed in previous bills. If the bill passes, it�s likely to be vetoed.
And Congress will be back to ground zero after Memorial Day.
looks like the Agjobs amendment tagged to this bill is drawing lot of attention and negative publicity..
This is why we keep close watch on Congress. In a bipartisan effort accomplished quickly and virtually under the table, Sens. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Sen. Larry Craig (R-Idaho) -- in Senate Appropriations markup of the War Supplemental bill -- obtained approval of an amendment that would create an amnesty for illegal alien farm workers. The measure, called the Emergency Agriculture Relief Act, was added to the War Supplemental bill in a 17-12 vote last Thursday.
Known as the AgJob amendment, the Feinstein-Craig measure revived instantaneously the controversy that caused conservatives to lash out at the White House and Congress last summer.
The measure would grant temporary legal status to 1.35 million illegal immigrants and their families currently working in the agricultural field. The legislation was passed out of committee at the request of agribusiness interests who have been insisting that they need illegal aliens to harvest crops and run horse shows. The legislation is nothing less than �comprehensive immigration reform� on a smaller scale.
What supporters of the amendment are calling �emergency� and �temporary�, opponents have labeled an �amnesty visa.� Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV) said he considered the amendment amnesty and that �all these immigration issues should be addressed through the regular order."
Sen. David Vitter (R-La.) opposes the amendment and said he will be working to remove it from the supplemental bill.
�Instead of ensuring that American troops are provided with the tools and resources that they need to protect our homeland, some in the Senate have instead chosen to jeopardize this funding by inserting provisions that are -- at best -- counterproductive to the efforts of our military members,� said Vitter in a press release.
According to Feinstein, the legislation is supported by the American Farm Bureau, the United Farm Workers, and other similar organizations but this is likely because it allows those employers to continue paying excessively low wages.
Feinstein assured the Appropriations Committee that the bill was not an amnesty because it requires the individuals work at least 100 days a year in the agricultural industry for the next five years.
�It is an emergency agricultural worker bill, which will give protected status to those workers who have worked in agriculture within the last 48 months,� she said, also noting that the U.S. would lose $5-9 billion to foreign competition without it.
Those are the same arguments that we heard last summer. In truth, Feinstein-Craig DOES provide amnesty for an unknown number of illegal workers. It provides, as the Bush-McCain-Kennedy bill did, a path to citizenship for some illegal aliens.
The amendment will go through the Senate this week as they consider the Iraq spending bill as a whole. At this writing, it isn�t clear that Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) will bring the measure to the floor for a vote.
NumbersUSA, an organization fighting illegal immigration, called the amendment �outrageous� and urged constituents to contact their political leaders. They noted that because families can also obtain temporary legal status through the amendment, it could reach almost 3 million people.
�The most important point to stress is that there is no need for an amnesty to provide growers with workers�there already is an H-2A foreign agricultural worker program that provides growers with an unlimited number of temporary workers if the growers agree to pay a decent wage and ensure that they go home at the end of the season,� said NumbersUSA news release.
Some farming organizations, like the Northwest Growers Association, not only support the measure but don�t think it does enough. They claim the AgJobs amendment doesn�t do enough for illegal aliens because it includes an �unrealistic visa cap.�
But the H-2A visa program exists and works without a cap. While Craig and others claim �oranges are rotting� on trees and needs illegal aliens to tend to our agriculture, places like the North Carolina Grower�s Association (NCGA, spotlighted on Michelle Malkin�s blog), oppose the amendment and have fared well with H-2A. NCGA utilizes H-2A to its fullest capacity as other agricultural organizations do not.
Additionally, AgJobs would maximize H-2B visas (lower skill, non-agricultural seasonal workers) and push an influx of more illegal immigrants, which clashes with what the American people want. They demonstrated their disapproval of amnesty proposals last year by a bipartisan grassroots effort to kill the immigration reform bill of 2007.
Sen. Barbara Mikulski (D-Md) also slipped in an amendment supporting illegal immigrants in the supplemental bill. Mikulski hopes to extend a program for temporary workers to re-enter the country without being subject to the limits on H2B visas. In a Congress Daily article, she said, "If you like Maryland crabs, vote for this amendment.�
"It seems that the members of the Senate Appropriations Committee love our troops�but for entirely different reasons: they provide convenient cover for passing special interest legislation to benefit illegal aliens and powerful business lobbies," wrote Ira Mehlman, Media Director of the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) in an opinion piece yesterday.
Mehlman also reported that Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wa.) added a provision that would include 218,000 visas for skilled foreign workers. Part of the problem is this: Right now, America�s population is 300 million. At the rate we are going with illegal immigrants (sped up by amendments like these), the US Census Bureau estimates the population will be 450 million by 2050. If a Democrat, entitlement-oriented government sinks its teeth in, taxes will be higher than ever and freedom will be in jeopardy.
The Senate will begin debate on the supplemental bill tomorrow and is likely to vote on it before the end of the week. Some Republican senators -- including Alabama�s Jeff Sessions and others -- are working hard to expunge the illegal alien amnesty provisions. The only thing that may save the day is that the Democrats are including many of the antiwar measures that the president has vetoed in previous bills. If the bill passes, it�s likely to be vetoed.
And Congress will be back to ground zero after Memorial Day.
wallpaper long, thick, wavy, caucasian, 30 minutes, hairstyles, sexy hair, rown hair
vjkypally
07-26 02:09 PM
This is not good news for us. The recaptured visas will go towards nurses and none from us wil benefit.We need to shout out loud.
gceverywhere
06-10 08:00 PM
1000+ views in 8 hours but only 2 more people have called all representatives during the entire day today.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?
Some of you don't like the title of the thread. I understand your concerns but I don't know how else to wake people up. Guys, I'm risking going from a 'green status' to 'red status' here on IV by continuing to push this thread but if that will make a few people call the representatives then I'm willing to pay the price.
Seriously, what will it take for the rest of you to call?
Some of you don't like the title of the thread. I understand your concerns but I don't know how else to wake people up. Guys, I'm risking going from a 'green status' to 'red status' here on IV by continuing to push this thread but if that will make a few people call the representatives then I'm willing to pay the price.
2011 Celebrity Long Hair Styles
optimystic
04-23 03:46 PM
What about EB1s? Were they also Unavailable in the interim July 2- July 17 blackout period?
I believe so. As per the archived bulletins, (and also per my memory) , everything was 'U' in Employment based category.
I believe so. As per the archived bulletins, (and also per my memory) , everything was 'U' in Employment based category.
more...
keepwalking
05-20 06:52 PM
It's a good idea to have dedicated for this topic (as this is becoming common issue for all who couldn't add their spouses earlier...)
I have started the following thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/2172703-pd-current-jun-11-adding-dependent-how-long-will-it-take-for-her-to-get-green-card-2.html#post2594710
Either we can follow the current one or the one I started (link above) or we can start a new thread altogether
I am fine with any of the above.
Hello,
I am also in the same situation. I filed 485 in July 2007 and got married later. I will be filing my wife's 485 in June. I was wondering how long will it take for her to get her 485 approved.
Is it a good idea to start a thread to track spouse I-485 filing post July '07 approvals?
Thanks!
I have started the following thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum5-all-other-green-card-issues/2172703-pd-current-jun-11-adding-dependent-how-long-will-it-take-for-her-to-get-green-card-2.html#post2594710
Either we can follow the current one or the one I started (link above) or we can start a new thread altogether
I am fine with any of the above.
Hello,
I am also in the same situation. I filed 485 in July 2007 and got married later. I will be filing my wife's 485 in June. I was wondering how long will it take for her to get her 485 approved.
Is it a good idea to start a thread to track spouse I-485 filing post July '07 approvals?
Thanks!
m306m
06-09 11:02 AM
Transit visa is only required if you are planning to return to the US. If you are planning to go back to the country of citizenship, no trasit visa is required through Germany, London etc..
If this still a concern, there are other options. There are direct flight (Delta) from NY to Mumbai, Also you can go through Egypt (no transit visa required) or UAE, direct flight from NY to Dubai on Emirates and onward to India. Over the pacific you can fly through Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc without a transit visa.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope things work out for you.
Some countries require transit visa like UK for even changing flight but going through Germany do not require such a visa for EAD holders, you should contact the local consulate for B-1 holders.
Hope you have filed a Police report and got the pp based on it. Very sorry for your loss, wish you recover the stolen items before leaving for India.
If this still a concern, there are other options. There are direct flight (Delta) from NY to Mumbai, Also you can go through Egypt (no transit visa required) or UAE, direct flight from NY to Dubai on Emirates and onward to India. Over the pacific you can fly through Japan, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc without a transit visa.
Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope things work out for you.
Some countries require transit visa like UK for even changing flight but going through Germany do not require such a visa for EAD holders, you should contact the local consulate for B-1 holders.
Hope you have filed a Police report and got the pp based on it. Very sorry for your loss, wish you recover the stolen items before leaving for India.
more...
nviren
10-26 04:05 PM
I did not see lot of approvals coming out from Nebraska this week.
Wondering why they are so silent?
Have they changed their focus?
Any ideas?
Wondering why they are so silent?
Have they changed their focus?
Any ideas?
2010 Long Brown Hairstyles for
Motivated
06-18 11:34 AM
donated $50; learned about the organization on June 8, participated in the event - not knowing any of the issues. Was an eye opener to the legislative process. I did not do much, just accompanied the IV members to the meetings - these members were well prepared to present the case as well as to answer questions. I am impressed, and here I am registered and donated.
Thank you IV for being pro-active. Feels good to be part of the action.
Thank you IV for being pro-active. Feels good to be part of the action.
more...
webm
02-24 03:01 PM
I have e-filed along with spouse new SSN#..no issues...
When we sent cancel letter for ITIN,got a reply confirmation from IRS saying us to use ssn# for federal tax filing and we have revoked your ITIN..
HTH,
When we sent cancel letter for ITIN,got a reply confirmation from IRS saying us to use ssn# for federal tax filing and we have revoked your ITIN..
HTH,
hair little boys long hairstyles.
X-Wing
05-16 11:28 AM
Bindas,
I believe one can send all applications in one packet, but be sure to include separate copies of supporting documents for each application with each sub-packet (per app). If paying by check, send separate checks (although I seem to recall you saying you'd paid by credit card).
Keep us posted on your renewal experience!
Thanks,
I believe one can send all applications in one packet, but be sure to include separate copies of supporting documents for each application with each sub-packet (per app). If paying by check, send separate checks (although I seem to recall you saying you'd paid by credit card).
Keep us posted on your renewal experience!
Thanks,
more...
yabadaba
08-14 01:07 PM
you asked if you were missing something... i said yes you are. u asked for an explanation..so be it..and i put in a disclaimer...that what you were missing was anybody's guess
hot Brown Hairstyles, Long
kgwithnogc
05-08 09:59 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/05/06/wchina06.xml
more...
house of long hairstyles you can
karmika
12-12 11:18 PM
yawn.
tattoo Long brown hairstyle with
belmontboy
05-22 07:05 PM
As mentioned by my HR attorney applied my labour application electronically on march 17th and forwarded me a case number starting with c , so i am assuming it was appl;ied at chicago center.
Its more then two months now i did not have any update from my HR inturn from attorney.
At the time of aplying attorney did not took any signature either from me or my HR , she said we have to sign at the later stages.
My fear is I might get a query or it may go into incomplete staus as it was not filled properly.
I am not sure if it should be filed in that way ....
Let me know if i am heading in right direction ...
Signature is not required for filing. u need to sign form 9089 if there is an audit or approval.
Recent trends for PERM processing are around 60-90 days.
Its more then two months now i did not have any update from my HR inturn from attorney.
At the time of aplying attorney did not took any signature either from me or my HR , she said we have to sign at the later stages.
My fear is I might get a query or it may go into incomplete staus as it was not filled properly.
I am not sure if it should be filed in that way ....
Let me know if i am heading in right direction ...
Signature is not required for filing. u need to sign form 9089 if there is an audit or approval.
Recent trends for PERM processing are around 60-90 days.
more...
pictures New Straight Hair Styles

saatiish
05-14 12:02 AM
something new, I did not know that.
BTW, I got labor approved on 3/1/2010, 140 on 3/25 and 485 approved on 5/5.
A slightly off topic - but how did you know that your 485 was approved ?
Can you tell us in detail how you got this information about your case ? I want to know if mine is approved or not.
BTW, I got labor approved on 3/1/2010, 140 on 3/25 and 485 approved on 5/5.
A slightly off topic - but how did you know that your 485 was approved ?
Can you tell us in detail how you got this information about your case ? I want to know if mine is approved or not.
dresses Hairstyle: Long luscious with
gimme_GC2006
08-02 07:02 PM
I tried both Fedex and USPS.
USPS, I thought slower for some reason.
Fedex is good in my personal opinion.
I hate DHL, even within India
USPS, I thought slower for some reason.
Fedex is good in my personal opinion.
I hate DHL, even within India
more...
makeup Warm rown tones -- like
smiling08
09-16 10:32 AM
i only know the Premium Processing is taking 1000 and CIS will need to response within 15 days
girlfriend long brown hairstyles. Celebrity Hairstyles,; Celebrity Hairstyles,. bertyee
GCanyMinute
08-23 12:23 PM
My PD is 01/2002, so you can imagine what I felt when the September bulletin was out (I am EB3 world with 485 already filed 08/2004)!
Now, I just called USCIS and they confirmed to me that indeed the Priority Date shows only on I-140, not I-485, so eveything is OK! Don't worry and be happy!
Wow!!! You must be very happpy!!!! Your GC is coming out hot of the oven huh?! That's great! Let us know when you get it 'cause things like that serve to pump up people in line!! :D
As for me 2 more months...please October Visa bulletin be nice to me! :rolleyes:
Hey thanks a lot for the info, good to know USCIS just confirmed that.
Now, I just called USCIS and they confirmed to me that indeed the Priority Date shows only on I-140, not I-485, so eveything is OK! Don't worry and be happy!
Wow!!! You must be very happpy!!!! Your GC is coming out hot of the oven huh?! That's great! Let us know when you get it 'cause things like that serve to pump up people in line!! :D
As for me 2 more months...please October Visa bulletin be nice to me! :rolleyes:
Hey thanks a lot for the info, good to know USCIS just confirmed that.
hairstyles hairstyles photos. long, thick
ddeka
09-17 10:36 AM
When AP is approved, you get 3 copies. I went twice on intl trips and each time they took a copy. I am left with 1 copy of the AP.
Now I need to go on one last intl trip (I have applied for renewal). I just have one copy of AP with me.
How does it work? Will the officer just stamp the AP and make a copy?
Don't give original copy. Let them make a copy of the original.
Now I need to go on one last intl trip (I have applied for renewal). I just have one copy of AP with me.
How does it work? Will the officer just stamp the AP and make a copy?
Don't give original copy. Let them make a copy of the original.
venram
12-26 12:17 PM
Hello all,
not sure if this topic has been touched before; if we have a i-485 application filed; do we qualify as:
1) non-permanent resident aliens
OR
2) non-resident aliens?
thanks
I suppose you are living in USA.
On the second option "non-resident alien", if you are residing in USA, then you are not considered as non-resident. So I would eliminate this option.
On the first option "non-permanent resident alien", if you are residing in USA, I would choose this as the right option. Since holding an H1B means that you are a temporary (non-permanent) resident alien. Holding an EAD does not allow you to stay here permanently. It is only a temporary authorization to allow you to work without H1B. Remember that it requires renewal every year.
To answer your question, you are a non-permanent resident alien.
not sure if this topic has been touched before; if we have a i-485 application filed; do we qualify as:
1) non-permanent resident aliens
OR
2) non-resident aliens?
thanks
I suppose you are living in USA.
On the second option "non-resident alien", if you are residing in USA, then you are not considered as non-resident. So I would eliminate this option.
On the first option "non-permanent resident alien", if you are residing in USA, I would choose this as the right option. Since holding an H1B means that you are a temporary (non-permanent) resident alien. Holding an EAD does not allow you to stay here permanently. It is only a temporary authorization to allow you to work without H1B. Remember that it requires renewal every year.
To answer your question, you are a non-permanent resident alien.
memyselfandus
07-21 10:45 PM
Hi,
I had applied for H1 for 2008 from two different employers.Both got approved.Now my concern is ,
1)would there be any problem during the Visa stamping?
2)What should i do to other visa ,which i will be not using?
3)How should i approach the employer whose employment i will be not accepting?
4)I have signed one offer letter from the employer but other employer had not provided me with the offer leter.so whom should i join?
Just pick the one that you to want join with. It doesn't matter if you got more than one application approved. The effective H1B will be the one that you would use for stamping at embassy.
Hence relax and have fun!!
I had applied for H1 for 2008 from two different employers.Both got approved.Now my concern is ,
1)would there be any problem during the Visa stamping?
2)What should i do to other visa ,which i will be not using?
3)How should i approach the employer whose employment i will be not accepting?
4)I have signed one offer letter from the employer but other employer had not provided me with the offer leter.so whom should i join?
Just pick the one that you to want join with. It doesn't matter if you got more than one application approved. The effective H1B will be the one that you would use for stamping at embassy.
Hence relax and have fun!!