deecha
06-17 01:20 PM
So if i created an app and sold it, wouldn't i be working for myself and deriving financial compensation?
He could have developed the app outside the united states. He could have written the app in his spare time (He is not being paid to do it, maybe just a hobby). When he sells the app., it is not a salary. It is more like a dividend or rent (An H1B/F1/etc. can legally own property and derive rent .. it is not employment income). Furthermore, he can set up a LLC or an INC and sell the app through that but he should not have worked for that company while developing that app.
Lots of ways to get around it. Most laws are subject to interpretation and they're not absolute. If laws were absolute, we'd all be in the grip of tyranny and be slaves. There are only a few natural laws that are absolute.
As one person said on one of the threads (I think EB2 vs EB3), there is a tendency for people to achieve something and then set the bar just below them to exclude other people from competing with them either through laws or deprivation of resources (History is replete with such examples .. look at the kind of laws and regulations people are trying to pass). We must guard against such behavior/attitude and allow everyone a fair chance to succeed in life.
He could have developed the app outside the united states. He could have written the app in his spare time (He is not being paid to do it, maybe just a hobby). When he sells the app., it is not a salary. It is more like a dividend or rent (An H1B/F1/etc. can legally own property and derive rent .. it is not employment income). Furthermore, he can set up a LLC or an INC and sell the app through that but he should not have worked for that company while developing that app.
Lots of ways to get around it. Most laws are subject to interpretation and they're not absolute. If laws were absolute, we'd all be in the grip of tyranny and be slaves. There are only a few natural laws that are absolute.
As one person said on one of the threads (I think EB2 vs EB3), there is a tendency for people to achieve something and then set the bar just below them to exclude other people from competing with them either through laws or deprivation of resources (History is replete with such examples .. look at the kind of laws and regulations people are trying to pass). We must guard against such behavior/attitude and allow everyone a fair chance to succeed in life.
wallpaper Bar Rafaeli, 640x960 pixels

lazycis
12-28 08:22 AM
RFE for I-140
I had applied for I-140 Dec last year(2006) EB3 and was checking for update and found that an RFE has been sent on Dec 12. To whom is RFE sent....My company had done all the paperwork...is it to our company lawyer or me....Please advise
To company lawyer, since company is the petitioner for I-140.
I had applied for I-140 Dec last year(2006) EB3 and was checking for update and found that an RFE has been sent on Dec 12. To whom is RFE sent....My company had done all the paperwork...is it to our company lawyer or me....Please advise
To company lawyer, since company is the petitioner for I-140.
gc_lover
06-08 08:04 AM
On another note, I was surprised that how little support we got from the Indian-American community (if I am wrong in assuming this, then correct me)! Bill Gates supported our cause, Intel supported our cause, Google supported our cause; but the huge number of Indian-American tech entrepreanuers in the US? Organizations like TIE? I am not sure if the IV core team tried to solicit any help from them or not but I thought their support was deafening.
Indian-American have never supported anything, especially if it's related to immigration. Because, for them once they get their GC or Citizenship they are done! They don't support anyone or stand for anything, it's just the way things are with us.
Indian-American have never supported anything, especially if it's related to immigration. Because, for them once they get their GC or Citizenship they are done! They don't support anyone or stand for anything, it's just the way things are with us.
2011 ar refaeli weight. ar refaeli
iam4u4ever
06-04 06:02 PM
You don't need to be working in the US while the AOS is pending. You just need to have the job when permanent residence is approved, or to have a job in the "same or similar occupational classification."
what should i do if at the time of actual AOS ( The day they adjudicate my case ) I am working for another company since the actual sponsoring company is closed down ?
what should i do if at the time of actual AOS ( The day they adjudicate my case ) I am working for another company since the actual sponsoring company is closed down ?
more...
adibhatla
06-16 11:59 AM
I think people should refrain from making congressional enquiries just to get a status update on their case. It should be used only under special circumstances, RFE, rejection, etc.
If everyone starts doing this, these congressional offices will just not entertain our genuine requests anymore.
If you really need to check just the status, take an Infopass.
Just my 2 cents.
va_dude
Thanks Dude. I am in a rejection situation (of I485) here and had opened an MTR in December' 08, haven't heard since them from USCIS.
Regards
MA
If everyone starts doing this, these congressional offices will just not entertain our genuine requests anymore.
If you really need to check just the status, take an Infopass.
Just my 2 cents.
va_dude
Thanks Dude. I am in a rejection situation (of I485) here and had opened an MTR in December' 08, haven't heard since them from USCIS.
Regards
MA
leoindiano
08-28 04:36 PM
You contributed 600:confused: for what?
For different initiatives. Did you see my join date? I joined in the first month when it is founded. Not a big deal...I am not even sure why i have to prove and tell these stories....last post....
For different initiatives. Did you see my join date? I joined in the first month when it is founded. Not a big deal...I am not even sure why i have to prove and tell these stories....last post....
more...
LostInGCProcess
11-10 11:40 PM
Thanks again for the reply and wishes!!
Also sorry for another question as I forgot to mention this earlier.
My new H1B has more than 6 months of validity period.
One thing which I forgot to mention earlier is that when new Employer "B" did the H1B transfer (June 2007) from Employer "A" - the I-797 receipt # of Employer "B" came out of to be different from I-797 receipt # of Employer "A"?
Shouldn't the I-797 receipt #'s for Employer "A" and Employer "B" should be SAME as it's just an H1B transfer???
Employer "A" I-797 receipt #:
EAC - XXX-XXXX
I-797 valid : 0ct' 2009
Employer "B" I-797 receipt #:
WAC - XXX-XXXX
I-797 valid: June' 2010
As I-797 receipt # gets printed on the H1B visa in the Passport, does having a different I-797 receipt # (of Employer "B") affects anything at port of entry?
Appreciate your help!
Of course the receipt number would be different, because each H1 application is treated as a new application, regardless of whether its a transfer or new. So, they are identified uniquely.
As I-797 receipt # gets printed on the H1B visa in the Passport, does having a different I-797 receipt # (of Employer "B") affects anything at port of entry?
No, at port of entry, you show the new H1 and you get the new I-94 with an expiry date that's on the H1...which would be June 2010. Remember, The I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record) shows the date you arrived in the United States and the “Admitted Until” date—that is the day your authorized period of stay expires, usually its the expiry date what's on your H1.
So, even though your visa may expire after some time, you are legal to stay till the date mentioned on the I-94. I hope its clear to you.
Good Luck!!!
Also sorry for another question as I forgot to mention this earlier.
My new H1B has more than 6 months of validity period.
One thing which I forgot to mention earlier is that when new Employer "B" did the H1B transfer (June 2007) from Employer "A" - the I-797 receipt # of Employer "B" came out of to be different from I-797 receipt # of Employer "A"?
Shouldn't the I-797 receipt #'s for Employer "A" and Employer "B" should be SAME as it's just an H1B transfer???
Employer "A" I-797 receipt #:
EAC - XXX-XXXX
I-797 valid : 0ct' 2009
Employer "B" I-797 receipt #:
WAC - XXX-XXXX
I-797 valid: June' 2010
As I-797 receipt # gets printed on the H1B visa in the Passport, does having a different I-797 receipt # (of Employer "B") affects anything at port of entry?
Appreciate your help!
Of course the receipt number would be different, because each H1 application is treated as a new application, regardless of whether its a transfer or new. So, they are identified uniquely.
As I-797 receipt # gets printed on the H1B visa in the Passport, does having a different I-797 receipt # (of Employer "B") affects anything at port of entry?
No, at port of entry, you show the new H1 and you get the new I-94 with an expiry date that's on the H1...which would be June 2010. Remember, The I-94 (Arrival-Departure Record) shows the date you arrived in the United States and the “Admitted Until” date—that is the day your authorized period of stay expires, usually its the expiry date what's on your H1.
So, even though your visa may expire after some time, you are legal to stay till the date mentioned on the I-94. I hope its clear to you.
Good Luck!!!
2010 ar rafaeli wallpapers.
trueguy
08-11 04:06 PM
bump
more...
greenleaf81
10-31 09:21 PM
Hi,
My employer applied for my H1b Extension and the case was received on Aug 5th by USCIS. The online status still shows the case to be in "Initial Review". Out of curiosity, I called USCIS and they told me that they can only reveal information abuot the case to my employer. So I called my employer and they gave me a shocking news - They had received an RFE about a month ago and they "forgot" to inform me. They are not revealing me the details of the RFE.
We have to respond to the RFE by Nov 3rd, and since I had a change of project(I did provide the previous client letter when we had originally applied for H1b extension) they are asking me to get a client letter and other proofs within a day!!!! My client is taking its on time and I do not think I will get the client letter to send it in time.
1) What are my options here? Not knowing what the RFE is, being told about the RFE with just 2 days remaining, can I threaten to take any legal action against my employer?
2) Is it my right to get a copy of the RFE?
3) How come the case status did not change on USCIS website?
My current visa expires on Nov 20th. Please advice ASAP.
My employer applied for my H1b Extension and the case was received on Aug 5th by USCIS. The online status still shows the case to be in "Initial Review". Out of curiosity, I called USCIS and they told me that they can only reveal information abuot the case to my employer. So I called my employer and they gave me a shocking news - They had received an RFE about a month ago and they "forgot" to inform me. They are not revealing me the details of the RFE.
We have to respond to the RFE by Nov 3rd, and since I had a change of project(I did provide the previous client letter when we had originally applied for H1b extension) they are asking me to get a client letter and other proofs within a day!!!! My client is taking its on time and I do not think I will get the client letter to send it in time.
1) What are my options here? Not knowing what the RFE is, being told about the RFE with just 2 days remaining, can I threaten to take any legal action against my employer?
2) Is it my right to get a copy of the RFE?
3) How come the case status did not change on USCIS website?
My current visa expires on Nov 20th. Please advice ASAP.
hair girls, ar-refaeli
aj2000
02-23 01:38 PM
shut up idiot. Do you know how many 485s have been rejected for using AC21? Some people have advised me to stay where I am as long as it takes, but my gut tells me to find another job. So I am just asking for risk and opinions.
Nice way to talk on forum , my fellow.. btw., I wanna know "how many 485s have been rejected for using AC21?".. really.. an exact number would be very helpful for people like me who are in same situation as you.
Nice way to talk on forum , my fellow.. btw., I wanna know "how many 485s have been rejected for using AC21?".. really.. an exact number would be very helpful for people like me who are in same situation as you.
more...
va_il
12-27 01:49 PM
With a EB3 PD of July 2002 from IN what can i expect after this May 1st hurdle being crossed.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Clueless i guess.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Clueless i guess.
hot ar refaeli wallpaper
raama123
02-24 10:29 AM
we are posting here to know the solution or how we can come out from the problem or possibility.
can you think about yourself when you are saying to others?
Thanks advancely.
Raama
can you think about yourself when you are saying to others?
Thanks advancely.
Raama
more...
house Bar Refaeli - Free Wallpapers
boreal
02-05 06:28 PM
Can you please let me know if you received my email.
Thanks
wow!! IV has been very productive for you NewDoc..Would u like to contribute to IV if you get this post? And Bonus if you can convince some of your friends to join IV and contribute too ...
Thanks
wow!! IV has been very productive for you NewDoc..Would u like to contribute to IV if you get this post? And Bonus if you can convince some of your friends to join IV and contribute too ...
tattoo Bar-refaeli-mobile-wallpaper
ajay
04-21 10:58 AM
My wife had gone to DMV in fair oaks mall and they had asked her to produce the original I485 and unfortunately we don't carry it. Our license is going to expire next month.
Anybody know what we can do in this situation. Has anybody got a licence recently from VA state.
thanks
Anybody know what we can do in this situation. Has anybody got a licence recently from VA state.
thanks
more...
pictures Bar Refaeli iPhone Wallpaper
dealsnet
01-13 11:08 AM
I got approval 2 years back. What I did is applied for EAD when my date is current in that months's bullettin. So they picked up my file and find my date is current, so they rejected my EAD application first and approved the GC. I have lost the EAD filing fee, but got a peace in mind (GC).
Try that route, to pick your file from the shelf. (black hole)
Try that route, to pick your file from the shelf. (black hole)
dresses Bar Refaeli
calaway42
10-04 12:19 AM
ok! well let me go try your steps .. wish me a luck :)
more...
makeup Photo: Bar Refaeli Wallpaper
bmoni
08-21 10:34 PM
Thanks bushman06.
girlfriend Tag: Bar Refaeli _ iPhone
reddy77
01-13 06:11 PM
Thanks Guys for taking time and replying to my questions, was able to get answers for all my queries. Thanks ...
hairstyles ar refaeli wallpaper hd.
abracadabra102
09-06 10:56 AM
USCIS receives around 7.5 million applications a year and mistakes happen. Cut them some slack here. Bad luck to OP. Contact USCIS and see what happens and please post here after your issue is resolved. Others will benefit from your experience.
bb8185
06-05 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=martinvisalaw;345850]A person with a 485 pending is allowed to remain in the US. There is no name for this "status", but it is lawful to stay in the US, and to work using an EAD.
Thankyou
Is this still true if the person did not have a new job, would they still be legal (assuming that they could fund themselves. I am trying to get to the answer of what if someone is laid off and does not have another job while their 485 is pending.
Thanks again
Thankyou
Is this still true if the person did not have a new job, would they still be legal (assuming that they could fund themselves. I am trying to get to the answer of what if someone is laid off and does not have another job while their 485 is pending.
Thanks again
snathan
06-05 02:08 PM
My labour got approved on May 23rd .
Is it possible to switch company and use this labour whihc got approved by this company?
Thanks for all your support and sharing for knowledge.
If only Labour is approved and you change employer, you will lose it and have to start from the scrach. Only if your I-140 is approved and its more than six months, you can use the PD.
Is it possible to switch company and use this labour whihc got approved by this company?
Thanks for all your support and sharing for knowledge.
If only Labour is approved and you change employer, you will lose it and have to start from the scrach. Only if your I-140 is approved and its more than six months, you can use the PD.