gc_kaavaali
12-09 08:57 AM
come on guys...time to realize what IV is doing...please contribute
wallpaper flower coloring pages 6 flower
Anil777
04-06 10:54 AM
Any help??
Hello Braindrain...(sorry i dont know your original name)
I am also in the same situation as u mentioned in ur post....my wifes passport and D.O.B has her mother's name - short name instead of Full name.
would appreciate what you did in ur case and if u r able to provide the sample content of the affidivit that u prepared for ur parents....pls reply me back at the earliest at - anil.mattupalli@gmail.com as they have visa appointment in another 2 weeks...many thanks
Hello Braindrain...(sorry i dont know your original name)
I am also in the same situation as u mentioned in ur post....my wifes passport and D.O.B has her mother's name - short name instead of Full name.
would appreciate what you did in ur case and if u r able to provide the sample content of the affidivit that u prepared for ur parents....pls reply me back at the earliest at - anil.mattupalli@gmail.com as they have visa appointment in another 2 weeks...many thanks
deepakjain
02-24 11:19 AM
I was on the same boat in NOV at mumbai consulate, had an EAD and AP but went for stamping.
My attorney told me to wait until I get through the admin processing rather then using my AP. I did not cross question him on this and after 3 weeks I received an e-mail from the consulate to submit my passport and get my visa stamped.
Best of Luck,
Deepak
This is how the e-mail will be : take a print which should show your e-mail address as provided on the visa application form....
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is to inform you that the administrative process for your US non-immigrant visa application has been completed.
You DO NOT require scheduling another appointment. Please visit the VFS office with your yellow pending letter, passport and yellow envelope. YOU do not need to come to the CONSULATE.
Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.
Thank you
Regards
Mumbai NIV / AO
My attorney told me to wait until I get through the admin processing rather then using my AP. I did not cross question him on this and after 3 weeks I received an e-mail from the consulate to submit my passport and get my visa stamped.
Best of Luck,
Deepak
This is how the e-mail will be : take a print which should show your e-mail address as provided on the visa application form....
Dear Sir/Madam,
This is to inform you that the administrative process for your US non-immigrant visa application has been completed.
You DO NOT require scheduling another appointment. Please visit the VFS office with your yellow pending letter, passport and yellow envelope. YOU do not need to come to the CONSULATE.
Please carry a copy of this email for ready reference.
Thank you
Regards
Mumbai NIV / AO
2011 free people coloring pages
CatsintheCraddle
05-04 05:07 PM
Oh, by the way, I did not file for I-140, I went filed I-130 based on marriage to a US citizen. Thanks for the link but I couldn't find anything on my kind of case.
more...

jayleno
10-08 02:05 PM
I went to the Arlington DMV today. They took copies of my I-485 and EAD. They said they will send a letter to my home in 7 to 10 days, if I'm eligible for a drivers license. I went a month back when I didn't have the EAD with me and they did not even accept my documents for faxing it to Richmond. Man...its getting crazier everyday.
Please post back your experience here. Thanks for starting the thread.
I am starting this thread to collect and share experiences using EAD as proof of legal presence with with VA DMV.
1) I read on the forums that if we take EAD to DMV , they would fax it to Richmond and wait for verification.It could take anywhere from half an hour to 1 week.
I went to DMV in TysonsCorner, was told that I need to bring I797 to be able to get them to fax it. This was on 10/2/2010
2)I went to Franconia DMV with I797 for my EAD application. ( I797 is the receipt notice )
I was told that, I need to bring Original receipt notice of 485 application and If I have that, the manager can issue me the licence then and there.
I said that I cannot get the original 485 receipt and requested them to fax it to Richmond and wait for the response.Then they started saying even for faxing they need 485 original receipt.
I couldn't corroborate that , but any way decided to try Tysons corner DMV again.
This is today, 10/08/2010.
I will update the post after trying one more time at Tysonscorner DMV with I797 of EAD.
If anybody else has experience or knowledge of this process , please post to this thread.
Please post back your experience here. Thanks for starting the thread.
I am starting this thread to collect and share experiences using EAD as proof of legal presence with with VA DMV.
1) I read on the forums that if we take EAD to DMV , they would fax it to Richmond and wait for verification.It could take anywhere from half an hour to 1 week.
I went to DMV in TysonsCorner, was told that I need to bring I797 to be able to get them to fax it. This was on 10/2/2010
2)I went to Franconia DMV with I797 for my EAD application. ( I797 is the receipt notice )
I was told that, I need to bring Original receipt notice of 485 application and If I have that, the manager can issue me the licence then and there.
I said that I cannot get the original 485 receipt and requested them to fax it to Richmond and wait for the response.Then they started saying even for faxing they need 485 original receipt.
I couldn't corroborate that , but any way decided to try Tysons corner DMV again.
This is today, 10/08/2010.
I will update the post after trying one more time at Tysonscorner DMV with I797 of EAD.
If anybody else has experience or knowledge of this process , please post to this thread.

add78
02-13 11:06 AM
do you know what is the cost of filing a LCA amendment, and is it necessary to take a copy of that LCA and hang it on the client notice board ????????
Yes, it is MANDATORY for your employer (regardless of where the headquarters are) to issue an LCA amendment that MUST BE posted at the client location (usually by the employee) when you begin work at client site, for 10 days and sent back with date posted, where posted and date removed to the employer (faxed/scanned-emailed/mailed)
Yes, it is MANDATORY for your employer (regardless of where the headquarters are) to issue an LCA amendment that MUST BE posted at the client location (usually by the employee) when you begin work at client site, for 10 days and sent back with date posted, where posted and date removed to the employer (faxed/scanned-emailed/mailed)
more...
newlife2
09-19 10:41 PM
Guys, I was just laid off and have efiled i539 3 days after the termination date for a status change to F2. Now working on the application letter. Do you think I should mention the layoff in the letter?
If I do mention it:
Con: The layoff might quickly catch the eyes of the immigration officer and if he want to check my status, he could find out the 3 days OOS.
Pro: My previous job was well paid. By mentioning it, I give the reason that why I want to stay at home as F2 instead of keeping the well paid job.
I guess I will mention it in the letter to explain the whole situation and hope everything will be all right. Let me know if anybody disagrees asap, I will mail out the stuff with in next two days.
If I do mention it:
Con: The layoff might quickly catch the eyes of the immigration officer and if he want to check my status, he could find out the 3 days OOS.
Pro: My previous job was well paid. By mentioning it, I give the reason that why I want to stay at home as F2 instead of keeping the well paid job.
I guess I will mention it in the letter to explain the whole situation and hope everything will be all right. Let me know if anybody disagrees asap, I will mail out the stuff with in next two days.
2010 Butterfly On Flower coloring
pappu
11-20 01:23 PM
All pls PM each other and exchange phone numbers and emails so that you can start building your local IV community. Once you have contacted each other, you can start the action items for state chapters.Core members can help you whenever you need help. However we want local members to organize themseves and form a community so that future events can be planned.
more...
martinvisalaw
06-03 06:15 PM
CIS should not have asked for an Affidavit of Support, but the other documents are normal. It is not unheard of for employment-based I-485 applicants to be interviewed, but usually they are not called if the priority date is not current. CIS might have confused your case with a family matter. However, you should attend the interview, and send all documents they request except the I-864. You can explain that an Aff. of Support should not be required in an EB case.
hair fairy kissing flower -
gparr
July 25th, 2005, 07:06 PM
I enjoy shooting white objects, particularly snow and white flowers, because it's difficult to get the exposures right and to avoid blowing out highlights. However, I'm never happy with the results I get when I process the images in Photoshop. Below is a shot of an Angel's Trumpet bloom I shot the other day. The challenge is to download the RAW file (link below) and process it to either show me that it can be better than my effort or to confirm for me that I'm on target with my image processing. If you post your version, please also post details of what you did in Photoshop so I can try to replicate it. Have fun and thanks.
Gary
Download the RAW file:
http://www.gparr.com/images/gparrraw.zip
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/angeltrump03.jpg
Gary
Download the RAW file:
http://www.gparr.com/images/gparrraw.zip
http://www.dphoto.us/forumphotos/data/500/angeltrump03.jpg
more...
logiclife
03-24 04:55 PM
Please dont waste time in engaging into a duel with numbersusa, FAIR, immigrationwatchdog, zazona.com or anyone like that.
As it is, we are short on people who can work with us. I am not against fighting them in principle, but you are fighting an enemy who is not entirely just in our battle but overall immigration battle(legal and illegal).
We have been trying to separete ourselves from illegals, so if we choose to fight an enemy choose someone who is exclusively against legal employment based immigration. Otherwise you are joining a fight that you do not want to be a part of ie the fight of pro or anti Illegal immigration.
MY 2 cents. I think you are choosing an enemy that will make us look like sympathizers of illegals and open borders.
As it is, we are short on people who can work with us. I am not against fighting them in principle, but you are fighting an enemy who is not entirely just in our battle but overall immigration battle(legal and illegal).
We have been trying to separete ourselves from illegals, so if we choose to fight an enemy choose someone who is exclusively against legal employment based immigration. Otherwise you are joining a fight that you do not want to be a part of ie the fight of pro or anti Illegal immigration.
MY 2 cents. I think you are choosing an enemy that will make us look like sympathizers of illegals and open borders.
hot coloring pages of flowers for
dixie
07-18 06:28 PM
I have a few questions and much thanks for those who answer.
1. I have had a H1-B in 2002, but I did not get a stamping. I quit my job and went back to school. I'm out of school now, do not have an OPT (second masters) and worried about the cap.
I heard that people who have held H1-B's in the past do not come under the cap. Is this true?
2. A company is interested in hiring me but only in the muiddle of August (they want to conduct a few more interviews). The cap would most likely be reached by then. Do I have any other options?
Thanks,
Much worried.
No, only contiguous H1-B renewals(after 3 years or yearly extensions after 6 years) are exempted from the cap. If you go back to school and apply for a fresh H1, then it is very much counted against the cap. Apart from falling back to H4 or F2(if you are married and your spouse is on H1/F1), i dont see too many options if you cannot get one of the masters quota H1. BTW, if you dont have an OPT and are out of school, then how are you still here ?
1. I have had a H1-B in 2002, but I did not get a stamping. I quit my job and went back to school. I'm out of school now, do not have an OPT (second masters) and worried about the cap.
I heard that people who have held H1-B's in the past do not come under the cap. Is this true?
2. A company is interested in hiring me but only in the muiddle of August (they want to conduct a few more interviews). The cap would most likely be reached by then. Do I have any other options?
Thanks,
Much worried.
No, only contiguous H1-B renewals(after 3 years or yearly extensions after 6 years) are exempted from the cap. If you go back to school and apply for a fresh H1, then it is very much counted against the cap. Apart from falling back to H4 or F2(if you are married and your spouse is on H1/F1), i dont see too many options if you cannot get one of the masters quota H1. BTW, if you dont have an OPT and are out of school, then how are you still here ?
more...
house Art to Coloring Pages
gc@waiting
08-27 03:13 PM
Thanks Krishnam70, would you please send the URL?
tattoo Flowers and Bees Coloring
a_yaja
01-21 08:45 AM
Can soneone help me with this question.....please....
My husband is on H1B and I'm on Ead.....both of us have expired I-94 stamps.....we are planing to go to our home country this year...we want to apply for advance parole......my question is.....can we enter U.S both of us with AD?
I read on Uscis website that you need to have personal reason in order to go to your country while I-485 is pending....and you have to prove your personal reason.....is that true....we want only to visit our parents.
Thanks in advance!
Visiting your parents is a humanitarian reason. Anyways, as vin13 mentioned, they will usually not ask any questions. My wife and I came back from Jamaica after a vacation in Dec. 2008 and no one asked us any questions.
My husband is on H1B and I'm on Ead.....both of us have expired I-94 stamps.....we are planing to go to our home country this year...we want to apply for advance parole......my question is.....can we enter U.S both of us with AD?
I read on Uscis website that you need to have personal reason in order to go to your country while I-485 is pending....and you have to prove your personal reason.....is that true....we want only to visit our parents.
Thanks in advance!
Visiting your parents is a humanitarian reason. Anyways, as vin13 mentioned, they will usually not ask any questions. My wife and I came back from Jamaica after a vacation in Dec. 2008 and no one asked us any questions.
more...
pictures free people coloring pages
raysaikat
03-17 03:53 PM
Need help- EB1 EA 140/485 petitions denied - how to maintain legal status
I am a research faculty in a top 25 university and my H1-B expires in Dec 2010. My concurrent self petitions of the EB1-EA of 140 and 485 were denied by TSC. I am waiting for the denial letter. My spouse is a permanent resident . What are my legal options to stay in the country?
Here is my petition break down
1-140 filed-May 2009
!-485 filed June 2009
EAD/AP Oct/Nov 2009
RFE on 140 -Feb 9 2010
Responded to RFE - Mar 11 2010
Denial posted on Mar 15.
Would filing the I-130 affect the refiling of I-140?
Appreciate inputs provided
See my reply above. To add to it, if your position is really a "faculty" position, then University will take care of your GC petition. However, if it is really a glorified title for a postdoc position, then they likely will not. In that case, you need to look for a new job.
I am a research faculty in a top 25 university and my H1-B expires in Dec 2010. My concurrent self petitions of the EB1-EA of 140 and 485 were denied by TSC. I am waiting for the denial letter. My spouse is a permanent resident . What are my legal options to stay in the country?
Here is my petition break down
1-140 filed-May 2009
!-485 filed June 2009
EAD/AP Oct/Nov 2009
RFE on 140 -Feb 9 2010
Responded to RFE - Mar 11 2010
Denial posted on Mar 15.
Would filing the I-130 affect the refiling of I-140?
Appreciate inputs provided
See my reply above. To add to it, if your position is really a "faculty" position, then University will take care of your GC petition. However, if it is really a glorified title for a postdoc position, then they likely will not. In that case, you need to look for a new job.
dresses This coloring page(permalink)
martinvisalaw
07-16 05:59 PM
I got an offer from a company, it is not a consulting company. In the offer letter it is mentioned that in case I leave the company or they terminate my employment (there is no time limit for this clause), I will have to pay back H1 cost. (The word H1 cost is mentioned).
I would like to know if this is something I will have to be scared about? I know that it is illegal to ask for H1 cost.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
R
It's complicated. An employer cannot ask you to repay any of the Training Fee ($1500 or $750 if under 25 employees). You cannot pay any of the rest of the costs if paying those costs brings your salary below the "prevailing wage" or "actual wage" for the position.
As regards whether a reimbursement agreement is enforceable - it depends on state law.
I would like to know if this is something I will have to be scared about? I know that it is illegal to ask for H1 cost.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
R
It's complicated. An employer cannot ask you to repay any of the Training Fee ($1500 or $750 if under 25 employees). You cannot pay any of the rest of the costs if paying those costs brings your salary below the "prevailing wage" or "actual wage" for the position.
As regards whether a reimbursement agreement is enforceable - it depends on state law.
more...
makeup flowers coloring book

WaldenPond
06-30 05:45 PM
Hello baleraosreedhar,
FOIA application takes not more than 10-15 days in few states. Anybody could easily get a copy of labor certification from the Department of Labor of the state in which it was filed. The process is generally very simple and is free. I would suggest most people should file for FOIA and get a complete copy of their labor certification documents even if it is approved. You never know when you may need it.
For I-140 also one could file FOIA. But it is best for you to file FOIA with USCIS through an attorney. You only need a copy of the approval notice of
I-140. If you know the tracking number, it would be very easy to file FOIA. But as I said, it would be best to ask an immigration attorney when filing FOIA application with USCIS. Or you may use the services of private company like www.foia.com to have a professional file and handle your application for pretty cheap (around $100).
There is no benefit of going into the argument with your employer about the right or ownership to Labor certification, I-140 or I-485 documents. If you have a copy of your ETA-750 (know the description in ETA-750 form) and copy of approval notice of I-140, you could easily change jobs after six months of filing I-485. And that seems to be the fear of your current employer.
If you may consider changing employer after filing 485, then no need to argue with the employer. It will just spoil the environment for the time you are there. Simply file FOIA and do what is best for you and your family.
Just my 2 cents. Hope this is useful.
WaldenPond
Hi Gurus,
I have a question regarding the Labour and I 140, I have joined company A with a promise of approved labour.
My company has filed for my I140 and it got approved.
I have asked for a copy of my Labour and I 140, the company representative says, these documents are Employer Centric, so they cannot give me those documents.
I am really shocked to hear this, As these documents are related to my GC, I thought they should be with me,or alteast a copy of it, but that i snto the case.
I would like to know if any of you guys had faced this problem, or is the reason given by the representative a genuine one.
Thanks
FOIA application takes not more than 10-15 days in few states. Anybody could easily get a copy of labor certification from the Department of Labor of the state in which it was filed. The process is generally very simple and is free. I would suggest most people should file for FOIA and get a complete copy of their labor certification documents even if it is approved. You never know when you may need it.
For I-140 also one could file FOIA. But it is best for you to file FOIA with USCIS through an attorney. You only need a copy of the approval notice of
I-140. If you know the tracking number, it would be very easy to file FOIA. But as I said, it would be best to ask an immigration attorney when filing FOIA application with USCIS. Or you may use the services of private company like www.foia.com to have a professional file and handle your application for pretty cheap (around $100).
There is no benefit of going into the argument with your employer about the right or ownership to Labor certification, I-140 or I-485 documents. If you have a copy of your ETA-750 (know the description in ETA-750 form) and copy of approval notice of I-140, you could easily change jobs after six months of filing I-485. And that seems to be the fear of your current employer.
If you may consider changing employer after filing 485, then no need to argue with the employer. It will just spoil the environment for the time you are there. Simply file FOIA and do what is best for you and your family.
Just my 2 cents. Hope this is useful.
WaldenPond
Hi Gurus,
I have a question regarding the Labour and I 140, I have joined company A with a promise of approved labour.
My company has filed for my I140 and it got approved.
I have asked for a copy of my Labour and I 140, the company representative says, these documents are Employer Centric, so they cannot give me those documents.
I am really shocked to hear this, As these documents are related to my GC, I thought they should be with me,or alteast a copy of it, but that i snto the case.
I would like to know if any of you guys had faced this problem, or is the reason given by the representative a genuine one.
Thanks
girlfriend Next Butterfly Coloring Pages
gchodhry
02-11 10:24 AM
Hi All,
I am in a situation that my L1B extension application is denied on 02/10/2009. My current L1B is valid till March 31st 2009. I am trying to find the options I have with me now... I have H1B approved from another employer but I have not joined them.
As per my understanding these are the options:
1) This denial is for L1B Blanket Petition, so I think I should be able to apply extension again with L1B individual petition as I believe Obama government is rejecting all L1 Blanket visa as they this people are misusing it...
2) I can join my H1 employer...
Can anyone of you please suggest if these options are correct OR is there any other better option available...
Eagerly waiting for responses...
Thanks,
Gagan Chodhry
I am in a situation that my L1B extension application is denied on 02/10/2009. My current L1B is valid till March 31st 2009. I am trying to find the options I have with me now... I have H1B approved from another employer but I have not joined them.
As per my understanding these are the options:
1) This denial is for L1B Blanket Petition, so I think I should be able to apply extension again with L1B individual petition as I believe Obama government is rejecting all L1 Blanket visa as they this people are misusing it...
2) I can join my H1 employer...
Can anyone of you please suggest if these options are correct OR is there any other better option available...
Eagerly waiting for responses...
Thanks,
Gagan Chodhry
hairstyles daisy flower coloring pages
qualified_trash
12-15 01:48 PM
My lawyer had the following lines on this issue:
However, on a positive note, you are eligible for a special benefit for persons born in India subject to immigrant visa retrogression issues. Since you have an approved I-140 visa petition, you will qualify for a 3-year extension of H-1B visa status, with subsequent extensions possible.
It appears that the 3 year extension may not applicable to all countries. If you are not from India, you may like to check. If you check, please post the results for other persons. Thanks.
LOL!!!
that is just your lawyer's way of sugarcoating the fact that you are screwed if you are from India. the 3 yr extension is available to everyone.
However, on a positive note, you are eligible for a special benefit for persons born in India subject to immigrant visa retrogression issues. Since you have an approved I-140 visa petition, you will qualify for a 3-year extension of H-1B visa status, with subsequent extensions possible.
It appears that the 3 year extension may not applicable to all countries. If you are not from India, you may like to check. If you check, please post the results for other persons. Thanks.
LOL!!!
that is just your lawyer's way of sugarcoating the fact that you are screwed if you are from India. the 3 yr extension is available to everyone.
hate_me
03-28 10:41 AM
Amount: $100
Receipt ID: 8XN17151GH219590E
This was yesterday and I had posted it in another thread
Receipt ID: 8XN17151GH219590E
This was yesterday and I had posted it in another thread
Shawn
August 9th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Times Square, this process would allow you to clear out all the people and if needed one could bring back the original colors of neon lights in Photoshop, also remove trailing & headlights of cars.