iamvenkat
06-20 01:23 PM
I was working for company A as a Title X through H1 B visa
And company A filed my GC sponsorship petition with title Y and I-140 cleared.
I resigned company A for job Title X and joined company B (H1 transfer) (I did not rejected or asked him to cancel my EB based GC petition)
But Company A revoked my EB based sponsored petition.
Is there a legal right for me to ask why did he revokes my EB based sponsorship petition when I have not rejected his offer for GC Title Y
Please clarify
And company A filed my GC sponsorship petition with title Y and I-140 cleared.
I resigned company A for job Title X and joined company B (H1 transfer) (I did not rejected or asked him to cancel my EB based GC petition)
But Company A revoked my EB based sponsored petition.
Is there a legal right for me to ask why did he revokes my EB based sponsorship petition when I have not rejected his offer for GC Title Y
Please clarify
wallpaper map of canada with capital
sobers
02-08 02:58 PM
Intel chairman calls for immigration reform (Financial Times/ Feb 7, 2005)
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11221265/
Craig Barrett, chairman of Intel, the world's largest semiconductor maker, called for comprehensive immigration reform to make the US more competitive, during a live question-and-answer session on FT.com.
Mr Barrett, one of a number of technology leaders including Bill Gates to have criticised restrictions on foreign workers in the US, said the first step in simplifying the immigration process would be "to replace the current arbitrary quota system with an open market type approach".
The US's H1-B visa allows foreign engineers and scientists to work on a temporary basis in the US but is capped at 65,000 a year. Mr Barrett said this was inadequate: the current quota had been exhausted and there could be no new admissions until another came into effect in October this year.
Mr Barrett said demand was also greater than supply for green cards that allowed permanent employment, with the cap at 140,000 a year and long processing delays meaning individuals having to wait up to seven years to obtain one.
"These arbitrary caps undercut business's ability to hire and retain the number of highly educated people in the fields where we need to maintain our leading position," he said.
"Instead of arbitrary caps, a market-based approach that responds to demand is needed."
The tabular content relating to this article is not available to view. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience caused.
Mr Barrett was asked by an Intel employee why his company had stopped sponsoring its workers for green cards between 2001 and 2004. The Intel chairman said this was during the longest and deepest recession in the semiconductor industry. It had been waiting for business conditions to improve before resuming the process.
"We should just staple a green card to every advanced degree granted to a foreign national from a US university in science and engineering," he said in another answer.
Mr Barrett also advocated improvements in the US education system to make America more competitive in technology fields.
"Today, we compare ourselves to our neighbours � California to Arizona, Texas to Florida, etc. We do not compare ourselves to the rest of the world and recognise that the bar of achievement, the level necessary for competitiveness is continually being raised."
Craig Barrett: America should open its doors wide to foreign talent
--------
IV Moderators- please use this information in your presentations.
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11221265/
Craig Barrett, chairman of Intel, the world's largest semiconductor maker, called for comprehensive immigration reform to make the US more competitive, during a live question-and-answer session on FT.com.
Mr Barrett, one of a number of technology leaders including Bill Gates to have criticised restrictions on foreign workers in the US, said the first step in simplifying the immigration process would be "to replace the current arbitrary quota system with an open market type approach".
The US's H1-B visa allows foreign engineers and scientists to work on a temporary basis in the US but is capped at 65,000 a year. Mr Barrett said this was inadequate: the current quota had been exhausted and there could be no new admissions until another came into effect in October this year.
Mr Barrett said demand was also greater than supply for green cards that allowed permanent employment, with the cap at 140,000 a year and long processing delays meaning individuals having to wait up to seven years to obtain one.
"These arbitrary caps undercut business's ability to hire and retain the number of highly educated people in the fields where we need to maintain our leading position," he said.
"Instead of arbitrary caps, a market-based approach that responds to demand is needed."
The tabular content relating to this article is not available to view. Apologies in advance for the inconvenience caused.
Mr Barrett was asked by an Intel employee why his company had stopped sponsoring its workers for green cards between 2001 and 2004. The Intel chairman said this was during the longest and deepest recession in the semiconductor industry. It had been waiting for business conditions to improve before resuming the process.
"We should just staple a green card to every advanced degree granted to a foreign national from a US university in science and engineering," he said in another answer.
Mr Barrett also advocated improvements in the US education system to make America more competitive in technology fields.
"Today, we compare ourselves to our neighbours � California to Arizona, Texas to Florida, etc. We do not compare ourselves to the rest of the world and recognise that the bar of achievement, the level necessary for competitiveness is continually being raised."
Craig Barrett: America should open its doors wide to foreign talent
--------
IV Moderators- please use this information in your presentations.
hindu_king
04-23 11:49 AM
I am planning to change my apartment next week. Its same city same zip code just different apartment complex (got a better deal). I am working the same job, same profile no changes since filing my 485 in Aug 2007. I also received a RFE in July 2008 (at that time my PD was current) it was for BC for which I had submitted an affidavit from my parents since the original was in local language. For the RFE I did an notarized translation of the doc and submitted it. They had also asked for updated EVL with supporting paystubs W2. I sent that and the application has been pending since.
The question I have is will this address change trigger another RFE?. Does any one have any such experience?
I changed my address twice recently in a short period of time. Same state but different zip codes. I did not get any RFE's. I already got an RFE in Oct 2008 before I moved. There were Soft LUDs on my applications both the times but no RFEs. I dont think change of address will trigger RFEs.
The question I have is will this address change trigger another RFE?. Does any one have any such experience?
I changed my address twice recently in a short period of time. Same state but different zip codes. I did not get any RFE's. I already got an RFE in Oct 2008 before I moved. There were Soft LUDs on my applications both the times but no RFEs. I dont think change of address will trigger RFEs.
2011 from:drake-canada-flag.jpg
Ramba
10-17 05:28 PM
Hi,
My LCA Job title is "Computer and Information Systems Manager" , O-net Job Code 11-3021.00. Can I take a job of "Computer Systems Engineers/Architects" , O-net Job Code 15-1099.02. Is it not considered as similar occupation?
Thanks,
In conservative view, though both are in same field, both are not similar occupation becuse one is "engineer" and other is "manager". Engineer skills and responsibilites and duties are different than manager. So it will not qualify to AC21 portability. For similar occupation classification, both should be in same family in Onet or it should have first 2 numbers in the code should be same.
My LCA Job title is "Computer and Information Systems Manager" , O-net Job Code 11-3021.00. Can I take a job of "Computer Systems Engineers/Architects" , O-net Job Code 15-1099.02. Is it not considered as similar occupation?
Thanks,
In conservative view, though both are in same field, both are not similar occupation becuse one is "engineer" and other is "manager". Engineer skills and responsibilites and duties are different than manager. So it will not qualify to AC21 portability. For similar occupation classification, both should be in same family in Onet or it should have first 2 numbers in the code should be same.
more...
mhb
05-31 01:11 PM
doing it right now...
milind70
08-28 11:49 AM
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=2994050912&m=6611023531&r=6611023531#6611023531
Attorney_8
posted August 11, 2006 11:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The employee must sign the 9089 once it is approved in order to get the I-140 approved.
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=2994050912&m=7431057041&r=7431057041#7431057041
Attorney_13
Attorney posted December 02, 2006 10:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Beneficiary of the LC is required to sign the original, certified LC. There are no other documents that the Beneficiary will need to sign associated with the filing of the I-140. All other forms/letters are signed by the company.
Both these are PERM cases not traditional labor.
Attorney_8
posted August 11, 2006 11:29 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The employee must sign the 9089 once it is approved in order to get the I-140 approved.
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=2994050912&m=7431057041&r=7431057041#7431057041
Attorney_13
Attorney posted December 02, 2006 10:55 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Beneficiary of the LC is required to sign the original, certified LC. There are no other documents that the Beneficiary will need to sign associated with the filing of the I-140. All other forms/letters are signed by the company.
Both these are PERM cases not traditional labor.
more...
satishku_2000
11-21 05:56 PM
Similar Question:
I have not left the USA for the last 5 years. I have since extended my H1- thrice. So I have 3 new I-94's and the old one that is stapled in the passport. I-94 is taken at the airport when you depart, to record your departure and also to see if you were residing legally on a valid stay. Question: They always take the one stapled in your pasport. (That in my case shows an expired stay.) so should I give them the latest I-94 when I depart?.
when you get an extension of stay you will have same number for all of them.
I have not left the USA for the last 5 years. I have since extended my H1- thrice. So I have 3 new I-94's and the old one that is stapled in the passport. I-94 is taken at the airport when you depart, to record your departure and also to see if you were residing legally on a valid stay. Question: They always take the one stapled in your pasport. (That in my case shows an expired stay.) so should I give them the latest I-94 when I depart?.
when you get an extension of stay you will have same number for all of them.
2010 beret with Canada flag
Ennada
01-13 10:21 AM
Hello Immi Gurus,
Our Division is in very bad situation and we are expecting some lay off's in next few weeks. I am working on h1b now but my 485 is pending for more than 180 days and have Valid EAD which I didn't use so far. following are my question:
1) If I get laid off and my employer cancels the h1b, Am i out of status?
2) Can they cancel my approved i 140?
3) I am planning to use EAD for my next job, How much time do I have to find a new job to be in Status?
Thanks so much for all your help, Thanks ...
I was in the same boat in 2009. I got laid off in Feb without a job for 4 months and found a job in June. Had no problems from USCIS, no RFEs. My H1 was revoked. My employer said that they won't revoke 140 and is not required for them to do so. I used my EAD in my new job. And one fine day in Sept got my GC. It was a roller coaster ride that ended well. I hope and wish you get a job soon and GC soon too.
In my opinion, you are OK. My understanding is that the rule says that you need to have a job at the time of adjudication of your GC.
Good Luck.
Our Division is in very bad situation and we are expecting some lay off's in next few weeks. I am working on h1b now but my 485 is pending for more than 180 days and have Valid EAD which I didn't use so far. following are my question:
1) If I get laid off and my employer cancels the h1b, Am i out of status?
2) Can they cancel my approved i 140?
3) I am planning to use EAD for my next job, How much time do I have to find a new job to be in Status?
Thanks so much for all your help, Thanks ...
I was in the same boat in 2009. I got laid off in Feb without a job for 4 months and found a job in June. Had no problems from USCIS, no RFEs. My H1 was revoked. My employer said that they won't revoke 140 and is not required for them to do so. I used my EAD in my new job. And one fine day in Sept got my GC. It was a roller coaster ride that ended well. I hope and wish you get a job soon and GC soon too.
In my opinion, you are OK. My understanding is that the rule says that you need to have a job at the time of adjudication of your GC.
Good Luck.
more...
jonty_11
06-18 01:27 PM
Does the passport have to be valid for at least 6 months at the time of filing 485?
hair canadian flag
tushbush
05-28 09:14 PM
Sounds true. I got RFE on employment verification last week. I am a July 2007 filer.
more...
yoda
08-12 06:25 PM
According to my understanding, PIO is like a long term entry visa but it does not allow you to work. You would still need an employment visa.
Only OCI visa holders can work without employment visa.
You may want confirm the details on the Embassy website as they keep changing rules from time to time.
Only OCI visa holders can work without employment visa.
You may want confirm the details on the Embassy website as they keep changing rules from time to time.
hot The canadian Flag is always
pd_recapturing
11-27 03:55 PM
Your 180 days will be completed on 9th Feb 2008. I guess, if you can make sure that your company does not revoke your I-140 till Feb, you should be good. In the mean time, you can join another compny on EAD. I read somewhere in the forums that in case of layoffs (<180 days), one should get a letter from the company that states that they are laying you off NOT that you are resigning. This letter sometimes helps if USCIS issues RFE. This is my opinion and I am not a lawyer.
more...
house Canada Flag
smartboy75
12-04 06:41 PM
Hi Folks
As we go through the motions from one visa bulletin to another, I wanted to start a discussion regarding maitaining PR. I have been pondering about this for quiet some days and also reseached a bit and am still unable to get correct information.
Following are the guidelines for maintaining Permanent residency on the USCIS website:
Maintaining Permanent Residence
Maintaining Permanent Residence You may lose your permanent residence status if you commit an act that makes you removable from the United States under the law in section 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you commit such an act, you may be brought before the immigration courts to determine your right to remain a Permanent Resident.
You may be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status if you:
Move to another country intending to live there permanently.
Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.
Remain outside of the US for more than two years after issuance of a reentry permit without obtaining a returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.
Fail to file income tax returns while living outside of the US for any period.
Declare yourself a �nonimmigrant� on your tax returns.
Source: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fe17e6b0eb13d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
Although the USCIS website clearly states in points 2 and 3 the residency requirement, I am still not clear what the rules says. For eg: After getting my GC is there any specific number of days I need to stay in the US mandatorily ?? Is it 1 week, 3 months, 6 months ?? What if I visit the US only for a month or two and then remain out ..would that result in revoking of my GC.....???
The more I think, the more I am convinced that your GC is really precious if you want to be a US citizen.....if not then there is always a risk of loosing it ..even accidentally ?? If yes, then is it worth the trouble and hassel ??
Can anyone throw more light on what the law says....can anyone guide as to what must be done if you want to maintain ur PR but at the same time not live here continuously ??
PS: Please no educated guesses ...
Appreciate your help.
As we go through the motions from one visa bulletin to another, I wanted to start a discussion regarding maitaining PR. I have been pondering about this for quiet some days and also reseached a bit and am still unable to get correct information.
Following are the guidelines for maintaining Permanent residency on the USCIS website:
Maintaining Permanent Residence
Maintaining Permanent Residence You may lose your permanent residence status if you commit an act that makes you removable from the United States under the law in section 237 of the Immigration and Nationality Act. If you commit such an act, you may be brought before the immigration courts to determine your right to remain a Permanent Resident.
You may be found to have abandoned your permanent resident status if you:
Move to another country intending to live there permanently.
Remain outside of the US for more than one year without obtaining a reentry permit or returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.
Remain outside of the US for more than two years after issuance of a reentry permit without obtaining a returning resident visa. However in determining whether your status has been abandoned any length of absence from the US may be considered, even if it is less than one year.
Fail to file income tax returns while living outside of the US for any period.
Declare yourself a �nonimmigrant� on your tax returns.
Source: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fe17e6b0eb13d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=4f719c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
Although the USCIS website clearly states in points 2 and 3 the residency requirement, I am still not clear what the rules says. For eg: After getting my GC is there any specific number of days I need to stay in the US mandatorily ?? Is it 1 week, 3 months, 6 months ?? What if I visit the US only for a month or two and then remain out ..would that result in revoking of my GC.....???
The more I think, the more I am convinced that your GC is really precious if you want to be a US citizen.....if not then there is always a risk of loosing it ..even accidentally ?? If yes, then is it worth the trouble and hassel ??
Can anyone throw more light on what the law says....can anyone guide as to what must be done if you want to maintain ur PR but at the same time not live here continuously ??
PS: Please no educated guesses ...
Appreciate your help.
tattoo Vancity x New Era #39;Canada Flag
blah45
10-09 06:12 PM
I'm a new member, so not sure whether this is the right place to post this. I've filed my I-485 @ NSC on July 5th and have not received a receipt yet. It's been more than 90 days.
Is anyone else who filed around that date still waiting to receive a receipt? Or am the only one?
Very frustrating ... :(
Is anyone else who filed around that date still waiting to receive a receipt? Or am the only one?
Very frustrating ... :(
more...
pictures Categories: Canada Flags,
lghtslpr
02-08 12:26 PM
Someone over at immigrationportal.com is organizing a letter-writing campaign to demand transparency at the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center. I think it's a great idea. Please participate. See details here:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1352681&postcount=10560
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1352681&postcount=10560
dresses Canada Flag Sphere 3D
vandanaverdia
09-11 12:58 PM
There is very little time & lots to achieve.
Calling all Washingtonians & Oregonians....
Calling all Washingtonians & Oregonians....
more...
makeup soviet canadian flag
dpp
06-28 02:50 PM
I have an important question that I need to ask here. What is going to be Job title in employment verification letter. For example if I work in company as a Software consultant and H1B states that I am Programmer Analysts and my PERM labor has stated Software Programmer Engineer.
So out of these 3 which one will going to be in my employment letter. I am unable to get in touch with attorney thru company and our HR doesnt know what to write in Employement letter. Any advise from people who already got their employement letter from their employer.
Thanks
INeedAllGreen
You need to use "Programmer Analyst" for Employment verification letter, but Employment offer letter, you need to use "Software Programmer Engineer".
This is 100% correct.
Employment verification letter is for current occupation what you mentioned in LCA when applying for H1. If you say something else, then you are voilating what you mentioned. Then it is going to problem if a strict USCIS officer observes that.
But for Employment offer letter, since it is for future emploment, you need to have the title mentioned in PERM application.
So out of these 3 which one will going to be in my employment letter. I am unable to get in touch with attorney thru company and our HR doesnt know what to write in Employement letter. Any advise from people who already got their employement letter from their employer.
Thanks
INeedAllGreen
You need to use "Programmer Analyst" for Employment verification letter, but Employment offer letter, you need to use "Software Programmer Engineer".
This is 100% correct.
Employment verification letter is for current occupation what you mentioned in LCA when applying for H1. If you say something else, then you are voilating what you mentioned. Then it is going to problem if a strict USCIS officer observes that.
But for Employment offer letter, since it is for future emploment, you need to have the title mentioned in PERM application.
girlfriend Canadian flag at the
tonyHK12
10-11 05:43 PM
until the economy improves, i am not too optimistic that something will happen in lame duck session
well there maybe some truth to this, but our situation is desperate, we can't afford to not give it our best, or stop trying.
'The best defense is a good offense'
- Sun Tzu - The Art of War
- Bruce Lee - Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun
for CIR......some people are going to bash me for this, politics blah blah...
'Dont use a Cannon to kill a Mosquito'
- Confucious
Disclaimer, I'm an Indian
well there maybe some truth to this, but our situation is desperate, we can't afford to not give it our best, or stop trying.
'The best defense is a good offense'
- Sun Tzu - The Art of War
- Bruce Lee - Jeet Kune Do, Wing Chun
for CIR......some people are going to bash me for this, politics blah blah...
'Dont use a Cannon to kill a Mosquito'
- Confucious
Disclaimer, I'm an Indian
hairstyles Programs in Canada

mayurcreation
04-18 08:05 AM
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
This is to certify that Mr. XXX was full time employed with CompanyName from date to date as a Sr. Programmer Analyst.
During his tenure with us, he skillfully handled major responsibilities and found him to be hardworking and very productive.
Mr. XXX job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
Please feel free to contact me for further information.
Sincerely,
{Name}
{Title}
This is to certify that Mr. XXX was full time employed with CompanyName from date to date as a Sr. Programmer Analyst.
During his tenure with us, he skillfully handled major responsibilities and found him to be hardworking and very productive.
Mr. XXX job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
� Job duties and responsibilities from resume�
Please feel free to contact me for further information.
Sincerely,
{Name}
{Title}
vadicherla
11-05 09:11 AM
I just voted
GCNirvana007
10-08 04:46 PM
If I understand you correctly, you were working for Employer A and he filed your Labor. You changed to employer B while labor was pending and started working for employer B on H1. Employer A continued to process your GC and you got it approved. If this is true, then you should immediately join employer A since your GC was approved through employer A.
Yes, roseball, you got it right.
Whats the reason to join Employer A and what will make me become an employee of Employer A - like i to have them do my W2?
Yes, roseball, you got it right.
Whats the reason to join Employer A and what will make me become an employee of Employer A - like i to have them do my W2?