waiting_4_gc
07-31 06:44 PM
My I-485(with G-28) was filed by our company lawyer and company did not let us file EAD. I'm filing EAD on my own after USCIS made it clear with FAQ2 that they will accept EAD applications without the I-485 Receipt notice.
My questions is, Can I be sure the receipt notice for the EAD will come to me and not to the lawyer by any chance? I don't have any intention of using EAD but don't want my employer/lawyer know that I have filed it.
Thanks
I think you will receive receipt notice for EAD and AP provided you file them.However I had a question about the forms.
Are you going to send old version of I-765 and I-131 or new version of the forms?
And you can file EAD and AP applications with old fee till August 17,2007, right?
Please PM me as am also filing EAD and AP, we can share the knowledge
My questions is, Can I be sure the receipt notice for the EAD will come to me and not to the lawyer by any chance? I don't have any intention of using EAD but don't want my employer/lawyer know that I have filed it.
Thanks
I think you will receive receipt notice for EAD and AP provided you file them.However I had a question about the forms.
Are you going to send old version of I-765 and I-131 or new version of the forms?
And you can file EAD and AP applications with old fee till August 17,2007, right?
Please PM me as am also filing EAD and AP, we can share the knowledge
wallpaper The Famous Times Square Kiss
burnt
06-21 10:34 PM
Instead of entering (c)(09) on the EAD renewal form, I entered (c)(0)(9). Friends please let me know if this is going to cause any issue for my EAD application?
ca_immigrant
01-20 07:43 PM
anyone on this ?
I too have to go in India....in June....
in case I am not green by then I too have to get the H1 stamped...and anything to expidite the satmping will help...
Thanks to OP for posting this !
I too have to go in India....in June....
in case I am not green by then I too have to get the H1 stamped...and anything to expidite the satmping will help...
Thanks to OP for posting this !
2011 Times Square kissing photo
buffbloke
02-27 11:07 AM
Hi!
One of my friends H1 was denied recently for not having Masters.
Whats interesting is that she has already cleared NY state licensing exam and holds valid new york physical therapist license. NY does not require physical therapists to have masters.
Since NY already verified her qualifications before awarding her license and one would assume USCIS would take that into consideration ...apperently not!
I guess only option at this point to appeal and go back to school and get Masters!
One of my friends H1 was denied recently for not having Masters.
Whats interesting is that she has already cleared NY state licensing exam and holds valid new york physical therapist license. NY does not require physical therapists to have masters.
Since NY already verified her qualifications before awarding her license and one would assume USCIS would take that into consideration ...apperently not!
I guess only option at this point to appeal and go back to school and get Masters!
more...
gcformeornot
07-26 03:43 PM
I think there is no truth to this. Can anyone point to a link to verify?
leenakamat
08-15 02:15 PM
You can file a DOL complaint, which could spell serious consequences for the employer. You could also file a wage claim with your state's employment development department to recover the wages you were owed.
more...
kaisersose
12-17 10:16 AM
This is hardly the way to handle a 485 rejection. Your statements not supportd by details are very dubious. If what you are saying is indeed true, go talk to your lawyer. Asking incomplete, questions on a discussion forum is hardly the way to go.
USCIS will not send a bald letter with a one line statement that your 485 was denied. They are required to provide a detailed justification in defense of their decision. And this again makes your claim suspect.
USCIS will not send a bald letter with a one line statement that your 485 was denied. They are required to provide a detailed justification in defense of their decision. And this again makes your claim suspect.
2010 “V-J Day, Times Square, 1945″,
Sakthisagar
08-06 02:14 PM
Is it a big blow for desi consulting firms??
US raises H-1B, L1 visa fee by $2000
Washington: The US Senate today approved a substantial increase in application fees for H-1B and L1 visas, most sought after by Indian IT professionals to fund a $ 600 million emergency package to improve security along the porous Mexican border.
The proposed massive increase in H-1B and L1 visa application fee would primarily affect the top Indian IT companies who rely majorly on these categories of visas to continue with their work in the US. The Senate measure increases the visa fee to $ 2,000 per application on those companies that have less than 50 percent of their employees as American citizens.
"I prefer our source, which is from these companies which are not, as I say they are companies whose whole purpose is to bring people in on H-1B and the vast majority of them from other countries who go back to the other countries. That is a better funding source," Senator Charles Schumer from New York said in his remarks on the Senate floor.
Schumer along with his other democratic colleagues including Senator Claire McCaskill has introduced the legislation in this regard, which was passed by unanimous consent. During the debate, however, Senator John McCain wanted to fund the security along the Mexican border with the stimulus money, which was turned down by Schumer.
"The bottom line is this. I like the H-1B programme, and I think it does a lot of good for a lot of American companies. In fact, in the immigration proposal I made, along with Senator Reid and Senator Menendez, as well as the outline with Senator Graham, we expand H-1B in a variety of ways," Schumer argued.
"There is a part of H-1B that is abused, and it is by companies that are not American companies or even companies that are making something. Rather, they are companies that take foreign folks, bring them here, and then they stay here for a few years, learn their expertise, and go back. We think we should increase the fees when they do that," the Senator said.
Rejecting McCain's proposal to get the funding from the stimulus money, Schumer said: "I hope, even though I cannot accept these amendments, that maybe we could come together on something that we could bring back in September because I do believe we have to secure the border."
Schumer said: "Even in the comprehensive proposal that we made, we said we have to secure the border and do other things as well. It is my belief that securing the border alone will not solve our immigration problems; that until we have comprehensive reform, particularly in making sure employers do not hire illegal immigrants which they now do, even though they do not know they are illegal immigrants because documents are so easily forged, that we have to do comprehensive. But we should do the border. To say we have to do comprehensive does not gainsay that we have to work on theborder and work on it quickly and soon."
It is not clear yet, if this increase would also apply only to those firms that are also H-1B-dependent.
All Politics, .. only senate approved this now Congress has to put on vote and pass this and The President has to Sign, then only this is a Law other wise this remains as a Proposal.
US raises H-1B, L1 visa fee by $2000
Washington: The US Senate today approved a substantial increase in application fees for H-1B and L1 visas, most sought after by Indian IT professionals to fund a $ 600 million emergency package to improve security along the porous Mexican border.
The proposed massive increase in H-1B and L1 visa application fee would primarily affect the top Indian IT companies who rely majorly on these categories of visas to continue with their work in the US. The Senate measure increases the visa fee to $ 2,000 per application on those companies that have less than 50 percent of their employees as American citizens.
"I prefer our source, which is from these companies which are not, as I say they are companies whose whole purpose is to bring people in on H-1B and the vast majority of them from other countries who go back to the other countries. That is a better funding source," Senator Charles Schumer from New York said in his remarks on the Senate floor.
Schumer along with his other democratic colleagues including Senator Claire McCaskill has introduced the legislation in this regard, which was passed by unanimous consent. During the debate, however, Senator John McCain wanted to fund the security along the Mexican border with the stimulus money, which was turned down by Schumer.
"The bottom line is this. I like the H-1B programme, and I think it does a lot of good for a lot of American companies. In fact, in the immigration proposal I made, along with Senator Reid and Senator Menendez, as well as the outline with Senator Graham, we expand H-1B in a variety of ways," Schumer argued.
"There is a part of H-1B that is abused, and it is by companies that are not American companies or even companies that are making something. Rather, they are companies that take foreign folks, bring them here, and then they stay here for a few years, learn their expertise, and go back. We think we should increase the fees when they do that," the Senator said.
Rejecting McCain's proposal to get the funding from the stimulus money, Schumer said: "I hope, even though I cannot accept these amendments, that maybe we could come together on something that we could bring back in September because I do believe we have to secure the border."
Schumer said: "Even in the comprehensive proposal that we made, we said we have to secure the border and do other things as well. It is my belief that securing the border alone will not solve our immigration problems; that until we have comprehensive reform, particularly in making sure employers do not hire illegal immigrants which they now do, even though they do not know they are illegal immigrants because documents are so easily forged, that we have to do comprehensive. But we should do the border. To say we have to do comprehensive does not gainsay that we have to work on theborder and work on it quickly and soon."
It is not clear yet, if this increase would also apply only to those firms that are also H-1B-dependent.
All Politics, .. only senate approved this now Congress has to put on vote and pass this and The President has to Sign, then only this is a Law other wise this remains as a Proposal.
more...
bodhi_tree
12-15 11:20 AM
I think I'll try to find a knowledgeable lawyer who's not too snooty. Someone better than my current company's lawyer who happens to think all information to me should be provided only on a need to know basis..I am in Cincinnati Ohio so please recommend if you know any good names..
I also have an approved I140 with my current company ....can it be used to get a 3 year term when the H1 is transferred ? I still have about 2 years left on my original 6 year term..Thankyou
I also have an approved I140 with my current company ....can it be used to get a 3 year term when the H1 is transferred ? I still have about 2 years left on my original 6 year term..Thankyou
hair edith-shain-kiss.jpg
chanduv23
05-13 12:35 PM
Looks like - they keep pulling up your information using your A number and for some reason they may be relating to your EB2 i 140 even though you have an EB3 i 140.
We have no clue what happens inside USCIS and how their record retention policy is.
You must do the following
(1) Write to Ombudsman - fill out form 7001 and attach all documents, proofs, and clearly explain the issue and hardships you are facing
(2) Write to both your Senators
(3) Write to your congressman
(4) Write to IV also in detail about your case. Don't have to write any private details.
We have no clue what happens inside USCIS and how their record retention policy is.
You must do the following
(1) Write to Ombudsman - fill out form 7001 and attach all documents, proofs, and clearly explain the issue and hardships you are facing
(2) Write to both your Senators
(3) Write to your congressman
(4) Write to IV also in detail about your case. Don't have to write any private details.
more...
ivgclive
12-14 01:30 AM
Hi,
If married in India & want to take divorce in USA what is the procedure & will it be a valid divorce?
Extremely sorry to hear that in this forum.
If there are valid reasons (believe me, 99.9% of time they are worthless issues) and you fall in that 0.1% (both of you are aware and willing to go separate), please go to India get it settled.
If you fall in 99.9%, talk to your spouse, take few days off from work, go out alone and get it settled within your home.
As others said, it is an expensive process and headace you don't want to go thru.
For me, I still believe you both can figure out and get back on track before it derails.
If you have kids, young kids, please please please, think 99999 times before you do this. It is worth going thru this pain for them.
If you are 30 years old, just think that its going to be another 20 to 25 years of active family life.
USCIS is creating problems in our everyday life, we take that pain and ready to wait another 20 years for GC, why not for a spouse who is living with us everyday?
Good Luck.
Bottom line : 99.9% time it is WORTHLESS arguments that leads us to get frustrated...
If married in India & want to take divorce in USA what is the procedure & will it be a valid divorce?
Extremely sorry to hear that in this forum.
If there are valid reasons (believe me, 99.9% of time they are worthless issues) and you fall in that 0.1% (both of you are aware and willing to go separate), please go to India get it settled.
If you fall in 99.9%, talk to your spouse, take few days off from work, go out alone and get it settled within your home.
As others said, it is an expensive process and headace you don't want to go thru.
For me, I still believe you both can figure out and get back on track before it derails.
If you have kids, young kids, please please please, think 99999 times before you do this. It is worth going thru this pain for them.
If you are 30 years old, just think that its going to be another 20 to 25 years of active family life.
USCIS is creating problems in our everyday life, we take that pain and ready to wait another 20 years for GC, why not for a spouse who is living with us everyday?
Good Luck.
Bottom line : 99.9% time it is WORTHLESS arguments that leads us to get frustrated...
hot The Capo could also try to use
sunofeast_gc
11-07 02:19 AM
I checked my current labor certification. it has the following details :
ETA FORM 9089
A) PREVAILING WAGE INFORMATION
SOC/O*NET(OES) CODE
15-1031.00
OCCUPATONAL TITLE
COMPUTER SOFTWARE ENGINEER
B) JOB OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER(THIS IS CURRENT)
C) IDENTIFY THE JOB TITLE OF THE ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATE OCCUPATION:
PROGRAMMER ANALYST OR SYSTEMS ANALYST
D) JOB DUTIES
CREATE TEST PLANS, TEST CASES AND ANALYZE USER NEEDS AND CREATE AND
MODIFY APPLICATION SOFTWARE USING VARIOUS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES
My question is based on the above can i switch to another field like SAP for example. I am not sure if companies will be ready to give me a offer letter with the above text for a SAP job.
Any ideas friends?
sundeep
as far similar job is concern you can check this below site
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1031.00
Summary Report for:
15-1031.00 - Computer Software Engineers, Applications
Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Sample of reported job titles: Software Engineer, Application Integration Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Computer Consultant, Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Business Systems Analyst, Programmer, Software Analyst
ETA FORM 9089
A) PREVAILING WAGE INFORMATION
SOC/O*NET(OES) CODE
15-1031.00
OCCUPATONAL TITLE
COMPUTER SOFTWARE ENGINEER
B) JOB OPPORTUNITY INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER(THIS IS CURRENT)
C) IDENTIFY THE JOB TITLE OF THE ACCEPTABLE ALTERNATE OCCUPATION:
PROGRAMMER ANALYST OR SYSTEMS ANALYST
D) JOB DUTIES
CREATE TEST PLANS, TEST CASES AND ANALYZE USER NEEDS AND CREATE AND
MODIFY APPLICATION SOFTWARE USING VARIOUS SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES
My question is based on the above can i switch to another field like SAP for example. I am not sure if companies will be ready to give me a offer letter with the above text for a SAP job.
Any ideas friends?
sundeep
as far similar job is concern you can check this below site
http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/15-1031.00
Summary Report for:
15-1031.00 - Computer Software Engineers, Applications
Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team.
Sample of reported job titles: Software Engineer, Application Integration Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Computer Consultant, Software Architect, Software Developer, Software Development Engineer, Business Systems Analyst, Programmer, Software Analyst
more...
house Influential Photographs: Times Square Kiss, 1945 by Alfred Eisenstaedt
ajay
02-23 12:05 PM
Unseenguy,
IMHO, it is always good to stick on what you have with until you find a suitable project and person to change your job to.
It is not good to take hasty decisions at this time. Meanwhile try to spread your resume around the see the responses you get. Keep the faith.
Good Luck.
IMHO, it is always good to stick on what you have with until you find a suitable project and person to change your job to.
It is not good to take hasty decisions at this time. Meanwhile try to spread your resume around the see the responses you get. Keep the faith.
Good Luck.
tattoo Influential Photographs: Times Square Kiss, 1945 by Alfred Eisenstaedt
jchan
05-14 05:26 PM
Didn't the last recapture of visas (AC21) happen in 2000, an election year ? Also H1B law was modified to include 20000 visas for US Masters students during 2004. Actually, history is in our favor.
I was about the say the same thing. I still remember vividly when the 20k new H1B was made available and the nervous waiting for that to be implemented back then. Whew, can't believe it's been 4 years an I am still stuck in this same old waiting game.
I was about the say the same thing. I still remember vividly when the 20k new H1B was made available and the nervous waiting for that to be implemented back then. Whew, can't believe it's been 4 years an I am still stuck in this same old waiting game.
more...
pictures “V-J Day in Times Square” by
fromnaija
09-01 12:29 PM
My FP was done on 9/28/09.
You meant 9/28/2007, right?
Once again congratulations on your approval. Please continue to support this movement.
You meant 9/28/2007, right?
Once again congratulations on your approval. Please continue to support this movement.
dresses iconic Times Square kiss
admin
02-09 10:32 PM
Everyone, I am working on a way to customize the WebFax. I should be able to complete it over the weekend.
more...
makeup Kissing the War Goodbye, Times
anu_t
06-20 09:40 AM
navin I am also in the simillar situation. Still couldn't decide what to do?:(
girlfriend New York Times Square kiss
mayitbesoon
08-22 04:41 PM
This could be a second part of campaign for administative fixes. also, please include some strategy to fight for FIFO processing. This is also very important issue
hairstyles in 1945 in Times Square:
ronhira
10-11 10:55 AM
It not the right time to start campaign. All policians will be busy in elections an they may not hear waht we say. After elections may be the right time to do.
i agree with yabayaba.... there is no use of any campaign..... the only campaign law makers care @ is election campaign...... hold off till the end of elections.....
i agree with yabayaba.... there is no use of any campaign..... the only campaign law makers care @ is election campaign...... hold off till the end of elections.....
acecupid
08-19 09:38 PM
If you renew your passport in US it takes approx 5-6 working days. I have done that at san francisco indian consulate. In India it may take weeks or even more than a month unless you have some connections. You know how things work in India...
I dont think you should have problems even at POE with passport expiring less than 6 months. I would suggest try to renew it in US if you have time or dont renew it at all till you come back to US. Trying to do it in India might cause delays.
I dont think you should have problems even at POE with passport expiring less than 6 months. I would suggest try to renew it in US if you have time or dont renew it at all till you come back to US. Trying to do it in India might cause delays.
roseball
03-31 02:38 AM
Hello frnds,
Just today, started new contract job at Clients place with big consulting firm on EAD. On my first day in the evening I got a call from consulting firm saying my back ground check have criminal record from state of Idaho. Till now I never ever was involved in any kind of criminal act. They asked me to stop going to work till it is resolved. consulting firm says all the states and federal agencies cleared me where I last lived, except state of idaho where i worked for 5 months.
Frnds please help! how should I resolve this issue. I have signed a 6 month rental lease, Left my H1B employer depending on this job. More over to all this we are expecting our first child and my wife doesnt have insurence. I was so happy I got this break but now this false check.
Please let me know if any one was in this situation and got out of it successfully.
Thanks,
Hydubadi.:confused:
Sorry to know about your situation. Nothing you can do at this point other than waiting to get the final report and know what the issue was in Idaho. You can ask them to give you a copy of the report.
Just today, started new contract job at Clients place with big consulting firm on EAD. On my first day in the evening I got a call from consulting firm saying my back ground check have criminal record from state of Idaho. Till now I never ever was involved in any kind of criminal act. They asked me to stop going to work till it is resolved. consulting firm says all the states and federal agencies cleared me where I last lived, except state of idaho where i worked for 5 months.
Frnds please help! how should I resolve this issue. I have signed a 6 month rental lease, Left my H1B employer depending on this job. More over to all this we are expecting our first child and my wife doesnt have insurence. I was so happy I got this break but now this false check.
Please let me know if any one was in this situation and got out of it successfully.
Thanks,
Hydubadi.:confused:
Sorry to know about your situation. Nothing you can do at this point other than waiting to get the final report and know what the issue was in Idaho. You can ask them to give you a copy of the report.