ImmiLosers
09-25 05:23 PM
I dont think EB3 is current for Nov 2004. Infact, it is unavailable for all countries of charge until Oct First. If you are Phillipines or rest of the world, you still need to wait until OCt First to file
PD is ported irrespective of the EB class
PD is ported irrespective of the EB class
wallpaper funny quotes sayings
InTheMoment
02-05 06:53 PM
Good, the doc is moving along well to the observership which is a way to build brownie points in one's resume when applying for the residency match. It is a different issue, nevertheless, that several good hospitals do not bother to consider observership as a significant credential when assessing candidates for residency.
As such it is a non-clinical and non-payroll position and he/she might as well can do it on B2 (visitor). So there are no visa issues as such.
Well, my wife is doing her residency in a hospital affiliated to one of the top 2 univ programs in the US and hence the knowledge of these facts. I really emphatize with the double whammy type challenges docs have to face i.e professionally as well as with immigration/J-1/H-1 issues.
As such it is a non-clinical and non-payroll position and he/she might as well can do it on B2 (visitor). So there are no visa issues as such.
Well, my wife is doing her residency in a hospital affiliated to one of the top 2 univ programs in the US and hence the knowledge of these facts. I really emphatize with the double whammy type challenges docs have to face i.e professionally as well as with immigration/J-1/H-1 issues.

dsneyog
11-30 10:54 PM
Sorry I have no advise as I am filing my AP tomorrow for the first time. However it scares me that it's been over 3 months that USCIS received your application. I am sending out mine tomorrow and need to get it it by late February. Wondering if I should mention in my covering letter about expediting it. I am also planning to include prepaid envelope.
Hope someone here can answer your question.
Hope someone here can answer your question.
2011 funny quotes about love and
Desertfox
01-03 01:19 AM
SEVIS applies to F, M and J nonimmigrant students irrespective of undergraduate or graduate studies. I don't think Robert Kumar should consider F1, because he already has AOS pending status and not considered a nonimmigrant student anymore. Its no different than a permanent resident applying for a F1 visa. BTW, I took more than 18 credits in year 2010 @ resident tuition rate with my I-485 receipt, and received federal student loan as an eligible non-citizen with my AP stamp on passport. From what I heard on this forum, some universities are reluctant in considering AOS for resident tuition rate, but one can get help from the justice department in such cases. Here in Arizona all state universities accept AOS as equivalent status of a permanent resident.
more...
ssbaruah@yahoo.com
06-01 02:24 PM
Thank you for your immediate reply. I have 2 more questions as below :
My H1B is valid till 2011. I came through “A” company and this is my second employer (“B”). After I joined “B” company, I never went out of USA. “B” Company’s name is not reflected in my H1B visa (in passport). Only I have the copy of I129 with “B” company’s name. Now, I am no more with “B” company.
1. What is the process of re-enter to USA ? I mean, what type of documents I need to show to Immigration Dept ?
3. My families also need to re-enter to USA at the same time ?
Hopefully, I am able to explain my occurred situation correctly.
I need your valuable suggestion pls.
My H1B is valid till 2011. I came through “A” company and this is my second employer (“B”). After I joined “B” company, I never went out of USA. “B” Company’s name is not reflected in my H1B visa (in passport). Only I have the copy of I129 with “B” company’s name. Now, I am no more with “B” company.
1. What is the process of re-enter to USA ? I mean, what type of documents I need to show to Immigration Dept ?
3. My families also need to re-enter to USA at the same time ?
Hopefully, I am able to explain my occurred situation correctly.
I need your valuable suggestion pls.
eb_retrogession
03-25 06:41 PM
I've sent this writer some facts and figures, and apprised him of our efforts as well. Hopefully he'll respond.
Thanks
Thanks
more...
Templarian
08-25 09:01 PM
Hmm... pwned person... http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6388/boomheadshotrv3.gif
and by the way Templarian Kalamazoo isn't too far away, I live there.You plan on going to wmu? (depending on your age)
and by the way Templarian Kalamazoo isn't too far away, I live there.You plan on going to wmu? (depending on your age)
2010 funny quotes about love and

franklin
06-15 12:33 AM
Next week is the time to talk more about AC 21 . This week lets complete all the work to file the petition
Long Stroy in short form with the rules underlying AC 21 act
If 140 is approved and 485 petition was pending for adjustment for more than 180 days ( from Receipt Date ) you can move to a similar job under a different employer using EAD
Yes, lets hope the removal of AC21 in CIR has been reversed !
Regardless EAD and AP are not affected by Priority Date. (Neither is I485 processing - I believe that as long as the PD is current, it is treated on an Receipt date of I485 - another benefit of filing I485 asap)
Long Stroy in short form with the rules underlying AC 21 act
If 140 is approved and 485 petition was pending for adjustment for more than 180 days ( from Receipt Date ) you can move to a similar job under a different employer using EAD
Yes, lets hope the removal of AC21 in CIR has been reversed !
Regardless EAD and AP are not affected by Priority Date. (Neither is I485 processing - I believe that as long as the PD is current, it is treated on an Receipt date of I485 - another benefit of filing I485 asap)
more...
eb3retro
04-28 09:42 AM
Texas also planning to join the bandwagon..
Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_texas_1)
Texas lawmaker to introduce anti-immigration bill - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100428/ap_on_re_us/us_immigration_texas_1)
hair funny quotes about love
gc_maine2
08-08 04:27 PM
OK good another thread, now you have posted this info you can also close this thread.:)
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ3.pdf
Q33: When filing an EB I-485 using the old fee, what version of the I-485 form do we use?
A33: The current I-485 form version dated “7/30/07 Y” should be used. The form can be found at www.uscis.gov
Q34: To ensure that the correct fee is submitted, may an applicant submit both a check for the old fee and a second check for the new fee?
A34: USCIS requires that all applications and petitions be submitted with the required filing fee or a waiver, if applicable. USCIS urges the public to exercise caution in submitting additional checks in incorrect amounts: extraneous checks may slow down the intake process and may result in an erroneous rejection of an application (as in the case where the check in the correct amount is missed) or in the inadvertent cashing of such checks, since filing fees are normally non-refundable. For additional information, the public is referred to the fee requirements announced in the Federal Register on August 1, 2007 (Temporary Adjustment of the Immigration and Naturalization Benefit Application and Petition Fee Schedule for Certain Adjustment of Status, FR at 41888). This regulation amends the new Fee Rule, and requires that aliens who file an employment-based Form I–485 and any related Forms I–765 and I–131, pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107, through August 17, 2007, must include the filing fees in effect prior to July 30, 2007. The new fee schedule becomes effective on July 30, 2007, for all other immigration and naturalization applications and petitions and on August 18, 2007, for Forms I–485 and all subsequent or ‘‘renewal’’ applications for advance parole and employment authorization based on pending Forms I–485 filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107.
Q35: Will previous USCIS policy still apply in those instances where the original approved labor certification cannot be included in support of an I-140 petition, such as when the original has been lost or previously filed with USCIS, or when a duplicate approval must be requested?
A35: Yes. While an original labor certification must be submitted in support of certain I-140 petitions, USCIS will continue to accept duplicates of previously filed Labor certificates and, as in the instances stated above, in cases where an original labor certificate has been properly filed with USCIS.
1 USCIS may issue future “FAQs” on this topic for the benefit of the public, should additional questions arise. Such FAQs will be dated and numbered for ease of reference. Department of Homeland Security
Q36: Will USCIS accept Schedule A concurrently filed I-140 petitions and adjustment of status applications that are filed on or after August 1, 2007?
A36: As previously stated, USCIS will accept properly filed Forms I-140 filed on behalf of aliens with a priority date on or after August 1, 2007; however, pursuant to August Visa Bulletin No. 108, USCIS will reject any concurrently filed adjustment of status applications filed by aliens with a priority date on or after August 1, 2007.
Q37: Will the new I-765 filing instructions apply to Forms I-765 filed based on employment-based adjustment of status applications filed pursuant to the July Visa Bulletin No. 107, if filed between July 30, 2007 – August 17, 2007?
A37: No. The fee of $180 for Forms I-765 and the fee of $170 for Form I-131 will remain in effect for those aliens eligible to file an employment-based adjustment of status application pursuant to July Visa Bulletin No. 107 until August 17, 2007.
Q38: Where should an employment-based adjustment of status application be filed if the underlying I-140 petition remains pending with USCIS?
A38: Forms I-485 may be filed at either the Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007, regardless of where the pending I-140 was filed. Applicants should submit a copy of the I-140 receipt notice or, if the applicant does not have a receipt notice, include a brightly colored sheet of paper on top of the filing with the following notice and information:
TO THE MAILROOM: The enclosed I-485 Adjustment Application(s) should be matched with a pending I-140 Immigrant Petition for which no Receipt Notice has been received. The Immigrant Petition [type, e.g., I-140] was delivered to [Service Center] on [provide date of filing and tracking number]; Petitioner's name; Beneficiary's name; Beneficiary's date of birth; Beneficiary's country of birth.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/FAQ3.pdf
Q33: When filing an EB I-485 using the old fee, what version of the I-485 form do we use?
A33: The current I-485 form version dated “7/30/07 Y” should be used. The form can be found at www.uscis.gov
Q34: To ensure that the correct fee is submitted, may an applicant submit both a check for the old fee and a second check for the new fee?
A34: USCIS requires that all applications and petitions be submitted with the required filing fee or a waiver, if applicable. USCIS urges the public to exercise caution in submitting additional checks in incorrect amounts: extraneous checks may slow down the intake process and may result in an erroneous rejection of an application (as in the case where the check in the correct amount is missed) or in the inadvertent cashing of such checks, since filing fees are normally non-refundable. For additional information, the public is referred to the fee requirements announced in the Federal Register on August 1, 2007 (Temporary Adjustment of the Immigration and Naturalization Benefit Application and Petition Fee Schedule for Certain Adjustment of Status, FR at 41888). This regulation amends the new Fee Rule, and requires that aliens who file an employment-based Form I–485 and any related Forms I–765 and I–131, pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107, through August 17, 2007, must include the filing fees in effect prior to July 30, 2007. The new fee schedule becomes effective on July 30, 2007, for all other immigration and naturalization applications and petitions and on August 18, 2007, for Forms I–485 and all subsequent or ‘‘renewal’’ applications for advance parole and employment authorization based on pending Forms I–485 filed pursuant to Visa Bulletin No. 107.
Q35: Will previous USCIS policy still apply in those instances where the original approved labor certification cannot be included in support of an I-140 petition, such as when the original has been lost or previously filed with USCIS, or when a duplicate approval must be requested?
A35: Yes. While an original labor certification must be submitted in support of certain I-140 petitions, USCIS will continue to accept duplicates of previously filed Labor certificates and, as in the instances stated above, in cases where an original labor certificate has been properly filed with USCIS.
1 USCIS may issue future “FAQs” on this topic for the benefit of the public, should additional questions arise. Such FAQs will be dated and numbered for ease of reference. Department of Homeland Security
Q36: Will USCIS accept Schedule A concurrently filed I-140 petitions and adjustment of status applications that are filed on or after August 1, 2007?
A36: As previously stated, USCIS will accept properly filed Forms I-140 filed on behalf of aliens with a priority date on or after August 1, 2007; however, pursuant to August Visa Bulletin No. 108, USCIS will reject any concurrently filed adjustment of status applications filed by aliens with a priority date on or after August 1, 2007.
Q37: Will the new I-765 filing instructions apply to Forms I-765 filed based on employment-based adjustment of status applications filed pursuant to the July Visa Bulletin No. 107, if filed between July 30, 2007 – August 17, 2007?
A37: No. The fee of $180 for Forms I-765 and the fee of $170 for Form I-131 will remain in effect for those aliens eligible to file an employment-based adjustment of status application pursuant to July Visa Bulletin No. 107 until August 17, 2007.
Q38: Where should an employment-based adjustment of status application be filed if the underlying I-140 petition remains pending with USCIS?
A38: Forms I-485 may be filed at either the Nebraska Service Center or the Texas Service Center in accordance with the Direct Filing Update issued June 21, 2007, regardless of where the pending I-140 was filed. Applicants should submit a copy of the I-140 receipt notice or, if the applicant does not have a receipt notice, include a brightly colored sheet of paper on top of the filing with the following notice and information:
TO THE MAILROOM: The enclosed I-485 Adjustment Application(s) should be matched with a pending I-140 Immigrant Petition for which no Receipt Notice has been received. The Immigrant Petition [type, e.g., I-140] was delivered to [Service Center] on [provide date of filing and tracking number]; Petitioner's name; Beneficiary's name; Beneficiary's date of birth; Beneficiary's country of birth.
more...

krishmunn
01-04 11:18 AM
. H4 dependents under certain circumstances are eligible for instate tuition.
Only in some state. Most states do not allow in-state tuition to H1/H4/L1/L2 holders.
Only in some state. Most states do not allow in-state tuition to H1/H4/L1/L2 holders.
hot funny quotes and sayings about
gccube
04-08 12:01 PM
and they gave a consistent reply all the three times that my NC is cleared. But I agree that there are no guarantees.
As per them the NC was initiated on Aug1st 2007. So probably the 180 day rule should cover me.
As per them the NC was initiated on Aug1st 2007. So probably the 180 day rule should cover me.
more...
house funny quotes on love. short funny quotes about love

aadimanav
11-02 11:06 AM
exactly! this is almost a disaster for EB folks, most people dont realize that: they think the queue is getting smaller. The queue will remain the same, .
If you take out 61000 out of a queue the queue becomes smaller. It is as simple as that.
The thing is that you want to see from the point of view where you are standing in the queue. If there are no nurses ahead of you in the line (as Paskal mentioned that earlier 50,000 were recaptured), that doesn't mean there are no nurses behind you in the queue. Overall size of the the queue becomes smaller.
However, it would have been good if the recapture was for everyone (not just nurses). Something is better than nothing. No recapture is better than recapture for someone.
If you take out 61000 out of a queue the queue becomes smaller. It is as simple as that.
The thing is that you want to see from the point of view where you are standing in the queue. If there are no nurses ahead of you in the line (as Paskal mentioned that earlier 50,000 were recaptured), that doesn't mean there are no nurses behind you in the queue. Overall size of the the queue becomes smaller.
However, it would have been good if the recapture was for everyone (not just nurses). Something is better than nothing. No recapture is better than recapture for someone.
tattoo funny quotes on love. Funny Quotes About Love And
matrixneo
08-01 01:05 PM
here is one in praise of USCIS, replace Anamika and naari with USCIS
YouTube - Meri Bheegi Bheegi Si Palkon Peh FT.Sanjeev Kumar & Jaya Bhaduri (Kishore Kumar) Hindi Sad Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiM2-e5FnLQ)
YouTube - Meri Bheegi Bheegi Si Palkon Peh FT.Sanjeev Kumar & Jaya Bhaduri (Kishore Kumar) Hindi Sad Song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiM2-e5FnLQ)
more...
pictures Hate Or Love, Funny Funny,

munnu77
04-16 01:45 PM
Thanks. Everybody else that I talk to seems to make a big deal about the commute downtown. Actually It is my wife who will be facing the commute. I get to work from home mostly when I am not travelling.
How's allentown treating you?
wht field u and ur wife work on?? commute is really bad, wherever u go..weather is good, if you like hot, humid just like india. public transport is not that effective when u compare to other bigger cities..not a good place if u r in software programming..
How's allentown treating you?
wht field u and ur wife work on?? commute is really bad, wherever u go..weather is good, if you like hot, humid just like india. public transport is not that effective when u compare to other bigger cities..not a good place if u r in software programming..
dresses funny quotes on love. funny quotes about love; funny quotes about love
needlotsofluck
08-01 09:56 PM
Old filing fee and form if filed by 8/17
No negative side other than a few days delay for them to match it up against your I-485
I called USCIS #1800-375-5283 option:1,2,2,6,2,2,1 and informed me to use the new forms and should be mailed to new mailing addresses. As per new forms, I have to file I-765 and I-131 on two different locations. I am now confused?
No negative side other than a few days delay for them to match it up against your I-485
I called USCIS #1800-375-5283 option:1,2,2,6,2,2,1 and informed me to use the new forms and should be mailed to new mailing addresses. As per new forms, I have to file I-765 and I-131 on two different locations. I am now confused?
more...
makeup Funny Love Quotes Love
xtetic
03-11 09:37 AM
from what i understand it is legal for now, but for sure it might raise some eyebrows. i for one know this guy who applied 2 h1's from 2 employers from india. he did get his receipt# from one of them but he got a rfe nd got rejected. i don't know details if the rfe was for 2 apps or for some other issue with the cmpy itself.....will try to contact that guy n d update here
girlfriend Funny Quotes About Love And

superdude
08-01 04:54 PM
I hope they look at the post mark date. We can not even trust FedEx now. These things do happen. Its very sad to hear this
Response for my RFE on 140 was supposed to be sent in by today. My Law office sent in the resposne using FEDEX overnight yesterday. I come to work in the moring and check the status of FEDEX and it says it is still in transit. I call the fedex office with tracking number and they say there was a big technical problem and hydraulic leak in the plane that was supposed to carry my response. Fedex says they will try to deliver by after mailroom closes today and they are ready to issue a letter stating that its their mistake. Do you guys think my response will be accepted tomorrow or I get a NOID for my 140? My lawyer says that if FEDEX trys to deliver it by today and they fail we should be ok or if they issue NOID we can always rebut back with letter from FEDEX and open a MTR .. any one of you guys have any such experience. I dont want to blame any one here excpet my luck in the whole process.
Any input guys .. I really dont know what to do .. I am almost half paralyzed , I am in 6th year of my H1 and ends in december ..and my PD is Sep 2004 .
Guys any input is appreciated ..
Response for my RFE on 140 was supposed to be sent in by today. My Law office sent in the resposne using FEDEX overnight yesterday. I come to work in the moring and check the status of FEDEX and it says it is still in transit. I call the fedex office with tracking number and they say there was a big technical problem and hydraulic leak in the plane that was supposed to carry my response. Fedex says they will try to deliver by after mailroom closes today and they are ready to issue a letter stating that its their mistake. Do you guys think my response will be accepted tomorrow or I get a NOID for my 140? My lawyer says that if FEDEX trys to deliver it by today and they fail we should be ok or if they issue NOID we can always rebut back with letter from FEDEX and open a MTR .. any one of you guys have any such experience. I dont want to blame any one here excpet my luck in the whole process.
Any input guys .. I really dont know what to do .. I am almost half paralyzed , I am in 6th year of my H1 and ends in december ..and my PD is Sep 2004 .
Guys any input is appreciated ..
hairstyles Love You More Than Funny

glus
12-18 06:42 PM
Hi guys,
I wonder if anyone noticed that. I am a July 2nd filer and my priority date is not current and long will not be. But I noticed many many LUDS on my I485 and no change in messages. Has anyone noticed that too?
My LUDS: 9/7, 9/11, 10/3(after FP), 12/10, 12/11, 12/15, 12/18.....
I wonder what is happening....
Now, in addition, I see 12/18 LUD on my pending I140.....weird or they are processig my I140, pending since last December
I wonder if anyone noticed that. I am a July 2nd filer and my priority date is not current and long will not be. But I noticed many many LUDS on my I485 and no change in messages. Has anyone noticed that too?
My LUDS: 9/7, 9/11, 10/3(after FP), 12/10, 12/11, 12/15, 12/18.....
I wonder what is happening....
Now, in addition, I see 12/18 LUD on my pending I140.....weird or they are processig my I140, pending since last December
saurav_4096
07-30 05:33 PM
Sarkailo Khatia Jada Lage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9axqfHSe-U)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9axqfHSe-U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9axqfHSe-U
ram_ram
02-11 09:00 PM
My situation would answer your questions.
My passport expiry date is Apr 14, 2007. I came back from India after a vacation on Jan 21 2007. My H1-B extension is valid until sep 1 2007.
The immigration officer at the POE stopped me and said he would not allow me in since my passport is not even valid for 6 months. I argued with him saying I can renew it at the embassy in 1 day, if i go in person and am planning to do that. He disagreed and called his supervisor. Somehow his supervisor referred some rule book and said India is in some Club and so I should be allowed inside with a I-94 marked as VOPP. So the officer issued me a I-94 until Apr 4+10 days which is my passport expiry date. Now I applied for my passport renewal and then I should apply for a H1-B extension.
Thanks.
Thank you tdasara, I hope mine works out the same way as yours. Could you tell me when this took place, and also how much gap there was between your passport expiry and H1 visa expiry dates?
One of my best friends had something similar happen to her, but her passport is set to expire just two months ahead of her I-94/H1 expiration date. I wonder if the fact that it was just two months apart made a difference to the officer when he decided on her I-94 date. As you know, in my case, my current passport will expire two years before my H-1.
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!
My passport expiry date is Apr 14, 2007. I came back from India after a vacation on Jan 21 2007. My H1-B extension is valid until sep 1 2007.
The immigration officer at the POE stopped me and said he would not allow me in since my passport is not even valid for 6 months. I argued with him saying I can renew it at the embassy in 1 day, if i go in person and am planning to do that. He disagreed and called his supervisor. Somehow his supervisor referred some rule book and said India is in some Club and so I should be allowed inside with a I-94 marked as VOPP. So the officer issued me a I-94 until Apr 4+10 days which is my passport expiry date. Now I applied for my passport renewal and then I should apply for a H1-B extension.
Thanks.
Thank you tdasara, I hope mine works out the same way as yours. Could you tell me when this took place, and also how much gap there was between your passport expiry and H1 visa expiry dates?
One of my best friends had something similar happen to her, but her passport is set to expire just two months ahead of her I-94/H1 expiration date. I wonder if the fact that it was just two months apart made a difference to the officer when he decided on her I-94 date. As you know, in my case, my current passport will expire two years before my H-1.
msp1976, I found out that it would take at least a month to get a new passport (is this right?), and I did not have time for it. I'll be sure to post my experience here.
Thank you!