Friday, July 29, 2011

Kat Von D Tattoos

Kat Von D Defends Famous Slutty Mistresses With Tattoos

A lot of shiz has been talked about Jesse James mistress Michelle “Bombshell” McGee, but apparently the one thing that really sticks in ink maven Kat Von D‘s craw is all the fuss about her tattoos:

“You can’t judge a book by its cover,” the L.A. Ink star told UsMagazine.com at the Gay & Lesbian Center’s An Evening With Women: Celebrating Art, Music and Equality party in Beverly Hills Saturday.

“I think there has always been a negative stigma surrounding tattoos, especially on women,” continued Von D, 28. “But to me, it is all about how you carry yourself, and some people carry it differently, I guess. For me, I just want to be a positive example of tattooing.”

Wait a minute. I thought the very concept of tattooing is to set your book’s cover apart from everyone else’s. (A sort of badder-than-thou signal, particularly in effect when you, say, get a galaxy of stars etched on your face.) At least it used to be for Kat:

“It’s a form of self expression. I’d been listening to music on my own without my parents input since I was twelve, and getting into the punk rock scene. It just really gave me the attitude where I don’t get tattooed for anybody else but me. I didn’t do this as an attention seeking act of rebelling. It was more, I actually just like this and I want to get tattooed, and I want it so much that I don’t care if other people treat me differently.”