Thursday, August 25, 2011

Anderson, Piers & Mariah Carey







Anderson Cooper comes clean about the Mariah Carey affair


The trouble with Twitter



By Alex Strachan, Postmedia News | August 25, 2011 -- 12:05 PM






Anderson Cooper.


Photograph by: Handout, Warner Bros. Television




VANCOUVER — Take Anderson Cooper, add Piers Morgan, Twitter, and a rumour about Mariah Carey, and what you end up with is a moment of delirious pop-cultural lunacy.



"OK, OK," Cooper said, when reminded of a recent on-air faux pas that was both playful and provocative.



"This is what happened," he said sheepishly. "I was doing a little thing on Mariah Carey being on the Home Shopping Network, and if you haven't seen it, you should. She was on for two hours, and it's worth the entire two hours. I was condemning HSN for not offering her her own full-time show, because she is genius television, she really is, and she deserves a nightly program to express that genius.



"So, in the course of that, I jokingly said I haven't really been following her lately, but that I knew she got married to somebody on America's Got Talent. I assumed it was Piers Morgan, and that if I was wrong, he'd correct me on Twitter, because he tweets every five minutes and it's been five minutes since his last tweet.



"Sure enough, there was a tweet five minutes later from Piers Morgan saying, 'I am not married to Mariah Carey, and I resent the implication.'



"And then he was like, 'I have a million Twitter followers, and I will soon surpass you.' And I was like, 'Ooo-kay.' So I repeated it. Once I got that tweet, I was like, 'I'm going to repeat this.' Piers Morgan is married to Mariah Carey, in case you haven't heard."



For the record, Carey is married to America's Got Talent host Nick Cannon.



Tweet that, kids.