Friday, August 20, 2010

Japanese Grand Feast

 This is what I was served. Which is a massive amount of food despite the small portion. So I'll try to describe it at my best. Mine's on the bottom. So starting from left:

Jelly-like noodles with a soup base and sesame seed and spring onion, whale's meat (blue bowl, **gasp!! Whale!!**, raw fish innerts with tofu (white bowl), assorted sashimi, wine, soy sauce, tomato base chicken veg steamboat.


 Then there's the middle platter: some crab, scallop with mustard-like sauce, raw fish sushi wrapped in some leaf, squid with innert fillings, solid egg soup, eel salad, and bbq meat (not in the picture).


 Tuna platter (cooked on the outside, raw in the inside). And this, was like eating beef. I was so stuffed after 5 thick pieces of these.


 Some tempura platter. Nothing fancy. And there's fish in it -__-''' Why do they have to include fish in every dish?? Oh yeah, I forgot, the town is near the sea...



Yummy yummy plum sorbet. Sweet and sour. Absolutely refreshing. I so hope to find this sort of sorbet in stores, but unfortunately, there's none :(

So basically, you will be served with this delicious meal if you are willing to fork out 10,000 yen. But I've got it free. Its kinda luxurious. That's why I'm starting to love my life in Japan ^__^