Sunday, September 6, 2009

Is Blogging For Everyone? Or Just For The Rich?

Nowdays, all sorts of blogs blooming everywhere, from fashion, to beauty, to photography, to business advice, to money matters, to food and drinks, practically everything you could think of.


But the blogging world nowadays seems to be more suited for those with filled wallets and not for those who hasn't got an extra penny to spare except for food.


For example, in the fashion and beauty world, bloggers tend to show their most prestigous outfits, their most expensive bags/shoes, their most beloved labeled attire, and almost like never once had they repeated their outfit. And their stats certainly are higher than other blogs as people are drawn to the more expensive outfits. But what if you are poor, like me..... I'll tend to repeat outfits as I don't really do that much shopping (cuz I'm only working in KFC for Christ sake) and my stuffs are cheap. But I was thus critisize for that. Does this mean that I have to close down my blog as I don't have enough of outfits to show to everyone??

MAC, NARS, DIOR, CHANEL, URBAN DECAY, BOBBI BROWN etc are filling the space of beauty bloggers as they express how much wonders these make ups are. Well, they speak the truth, I know that, as quality comes with price, and I don't blame them for introducing us to these high end products. But what if you are poor like me and can only afford Loreal or Maybelline or Revlon? Does this mean that I can't blog about beauty at all as people will tend to judge us being the lower class peasant?




I don't do photography as I don't have a pro DSLR to show off for the start, and honestly speaking, my photos are 100x less nicer to look at if compared to those that have their pictures taken as if as they hired a pro to shoot an album for them.


Speaking about food, the only pictures that I could show are my home cook ones, and for your info, as my camera sucks, I can't snap quality pictures of tasty looking food and I couldn't afford any nice looking cutleries or plates to decorate the presentation with, and thus, this certainly doesn't attract any readers. Not to mention me not going out for fine dining at all as I don't have that much money to save my ass.


I always adore those blogs with totally great advice and can be a GURU for almost everything. But really, those that live life longer and have a mind of business strategy or had experienced so many things which is enough to advice his/her readers about practically anything certainly needs money to encounter them. Sigh, I don't think I have the qualification to even touch the brim of this section.


So you see, I don't mean to be cynical here, its just that I start to think that when I blog, I have to think about something, do something, experience something, buy something (which by the way, all involved spending money) before I could write out a good essay to attract my readers to continue reading my blog. And yes, I wanna admit, I am writing for revenue, don't give me shit about not wanting to earn money through blog. But the thing is, before I even start raking in money from blogging, I'm always spending my savings away for blogging.


And if I don't come up with something good, readers will critisize me for being who I am (which meant, I'm a poor commoner) and will start to leave my blog.


Does that really mean that I have to shut down my blog because I'm too poor to make it more exciting?