Saturday, October 3, 2009

I Miss Otak Otak

Finally, after years of waiting, I got to taste the most delicious fish paste ever, and which happens to be the only favourite food from Melaka of mine = OTAK-OTAK


This otaa-otak had travelled quite alot from Malaysia to Singapore to UK where my parents hand this little box of goodness to Yoong and which endured several custom checkings.


I don't really know how to use otak otak to create any dishes as it is best eaten on its own after steaming. But my mum do have a knack for creating delicious food using all sorts of ingredients, therefore the dish below had borned.


Method:

1. Cut half of the otak-otak and mash it up in a bowl.

2. Break 2 eggs into the bowl. Add salt, pepper, a bit of water and mix them up.

3. Set the remaining piece of otak-otak in the middle of the plate and pour the mixture around it.

4. Steam it for 5-7 minutes.


5. Serve with rice.

Ooo lala... absolutely revisiting my yester-years where our whole family of 5 would try to grab the bigger piece. This dish, is definitely the added oommpphhh for a wholesome dinner/lunch.