Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Grand Cake

Having a birthday celebration for Jecg (the girl in the middle as shown in the picture below) and its been a long time since I last met all these people... Let's see... around 3 to 4 months?

Having dinner at Tony Roma's which was quite packed during the weekend but they obviously booked a place, so our sitting was quite cosy and comfortable to fit the all of us.


I was having Beef Burger with swiss mushroom and pickle. Really, Tony Roma's never seem to fail serving great and delicious food as well as the huge portion that I only managed to finish half only and sadly had to throw away the rest :(
Lovely lovely fries I should say (and the only fries that gets my praises is from Burger King and no other places). Love the beef patte which was really chewy (not the sort of tough chewy but more of un-tiring chewy) and I just love how the cheese melted on the mushroom which makes them sweet and tangy.

Pork ribs that my friend was having. A whole slack of their signature ribs with original sauce. That's champs (mashed potato and chives by the way) and some sad looking brocolli.


My vegetarian friend opted for this plate of humongous looking Asian style salad with the occassional sprinkle of deep fried wonton skin. Tasted this and like it a lot where the hint of sweetness (from the drizzle of sweet chilli sauce, I think) really complement the crunchiness of the cabbage (and other stuff in there).


This is call potato skin with a dallop of melted cheese on top. Didn't get to try this, but according to my friend, it wasn't that crispy like the other shop's.


Here you are, the totally big and huge fruit cake. I don't know why blogger couldn't upload my picture in the correct position, therefore, please tilt your head to see it (sorry about that!).

This cake was really good with a spongey interior and the wonderful array of fruits on top. I was quite full at that time to fully enjoy the taste of the cake (yeah, I left half of the cake to throw too!!!)

The amount of people turned up. Yeah, the birthday gal was really pretty, right??



One last picture of the huge ass cake and the lovely lady. The present to her from me?? A big box of Thorntons Chocolate.