Monday, August 31, 2009

OMG!!! There's Going To Be A Riot Next Week

This news is from one of Belfast's paper, and its totally terrifying.

‘Psycho fans’ looking to kill Northern Ireland supporters during Poland clash

Polish football hooligans have threatened to attack and even kill Northern Ireland fans during the Poland game next weekend. The notorious hooligan firm, which is one of the most violent in Europe, is based in the town of Chorzow — where Northern Ireland play Poland in a crucial World Cup qualifier on Saturday.

They want to repeat the violent scenes witnessed in Belfast last March when Polish hooligans attacked Northern Ireland fans. Some locals retaliated by targeting the homes of Eastern Europeans living near Windsor Park. This has made the Polish hooligans’ blood boil and they are determined to get revenge. Before and after the game, which Northern Ireland won 3-2, serious rioting broke out involving dozens of fans. Eleven police officers were injured and nine people, mainly Polish, were arrested. The trouble led to racist attacks across Belfast.

And holy shit, KFC (the place where I'm currently working) is located near to the football station and bloody hell who knows what's gonna happen on Saturday. I mean, yeah, the shop is gonna be busy, but its the safetiness of Belfast that I am worried about. And Windsor Park is near my house. Oh my, after reading this, I am so worried. Maybe I should bring an umbrella everywhere I go?? But what effect does it has in warding off thugs with knife/gun???

T____T