Friday, March 19, 2010

Food At Malaysian Night

A friend had asked me, why do I always take pictures of food that I'd made or ate, what is so interesting in keeping pictures of them, what's the purpose of them??

I told him that, I love to keep track of what I had put inside my mouth and tummy, its like to store a memory of these delicious (or awful) tasting goodies that its just too precious to just swallow and digest and make them into waste. I want to have a virtual vision of them so that I could eat/cook them again.

And don't you think that sometimes, food are like art. You can be imaginative and have fun with them, or maybe when you savour each and every bite of the delicacies, not only your palette has been enriched, but your satisfaction of knowing such wonderful food actually exist in this world.

So enough of those crap talk and get on with the food shall we??

The food that was served that night:
Kuih Lapis (Malaysian savoury snack) and vegetable spring roll
Nasi Lemak (Fragrant coconut rice with spicy sauce) with curry prawns and chicken
Banoffee Pie (haven't got a clue why did we get this as dessert as this doesn't really represents Malaysia)

All in all, the food was alright. Many compliments on the Nasi lemak though. Its not wonderfully delicious and the oommpphh is there and very much similar to the ones that we get in Malaysia. Love the curry prawns and chicken. If only there's a shop that sells these in Belfast, I would patronize that place every week

**Imaginary scene**
**"Makcik, kasi Nasi Lemak, Besar portion, tambah kuah kari banyak and air bandung satu!!"**
** Translation = (Aunty, give me a Nasi Lemak, big portion please, and add more curry into the dish, and one glass of syrup drink!!)**