Saturday, March 6, 2010

My Homemade Yee Sang And Steamboat Dinner

These pictures are like so overdue. I don't even wanna mention when are they taken because they are a bit rusty and moulded sitting inside my laptop folder for almost half a month (-__-''' ok, so I'd told you when I'd taken these photographs CLIS)

Anyway, here are some delicious looking, bright coloured pictures for you to salivate while you do your stuff.

1st up, is my 1st time EHVAR homemade Yee Sang and damn it really does take me a long time to prepare.


Photobucket


Photobucket

The ingredients are all shredded or cut thinly into slices:

Fresh Salmon
Mango
Crabstick
Cucumbers
Water Chestnuts
Carrot
Deep Fried Wonton Skin
Sesame seed

Photobucket

The dressing is made up of
Honey (2 tablespoon)
Lemon (1 teaspoon)
Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
Salt
5 spice powder (1 teaspoon)
Pepper

As I was too lazy to go grocery shopping for plum sauce from the Asian Supermarket, I therefore improvise the sauce by using honey instead. The result?? Great taste. Leaving us wanting for more.


Photobucket



Next up is steamboat. Its always a tradition for the Chinese to have steamboat for grand occasions like New Year or gathering. Its like "I'm-too-lazy-to-cook-therefore-I-would-serve-you-guys-raw-ingredients-so-that-you-could-cook-them-yourself-and-still-think-that-my dinner-was-fabulous" some sort of impression. And what's more, we can have fun eating steamboat.



Photobucket

Yoong's treasure. He brought back like 3 cans of this stuff from Malaysia. See??? He looks so Papei (proud) with his can of gem.

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

Camwhoring before starting our dinner. Yeah. Just the 2 of us. Cuz for me, its a tradition of the family to have steamboat dinner before the big day within the family. So, I'm implementing my tradition and brainwashing him at the same time.

Photobucket

This pot of goodies is definitely too much for just the 2 of us (although we are 1 hell of a big eater).

OMG!!! I'm definitely craving for steamboat now. Should I do it tonight?? No wait, I'm going out to Malaysian night with Yoong this evening.