Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is A Man Obliged To Provide Money For His Wife/Girlfriend?

This question has been in my head all day... And its really disturbing me till the very max.

What I feel, is that as a man, a man with enough of dignity, he should be the breadwinner of the family, providing shelter, food, protection, security and other neccessity for the family household.

He, as a man, should be the one earning most of the family income and make sure that his family live comfortably.

My papa, did this, for his entire 30++ years and I guess now its his time to relax and my turn to take on the role.

But anyway, the sentence above is kinda out of this topic.

So, I do feel that, a man shouldn't be too calculative when it comes to money. But what I'd encounter my entire 25 years of life, I have seen many men, being too Mr. Scrooge about their money, stingy with sharing, and shrewd when it comes to the matter of moolah.

We of the women races, could never be on par or rather on the same scale as men, (even though the slogan = "we are equal" constantly runs through my head), when it comes to salary and strength and the position in the society. Therefore, I am not too disgusted by the fact that women have to rely on men in order to live comfortably.

Sometimes, I just don't understand.

Why do we (women) have to put up with men who are doesn't want to pay for our meals which we deem as an act of courteous and manly (I mean, not like those bitches who tend to take advantage of their male friends and always make them pay)???

Why do we have to undergo the tension or shamefulness of asking money from our own boyfriend/husband when its just a natural act to do so (don't forget, men earn more money than we do)??

Why does men sees that women who ask for money are those who are stupid and unreasonable who won't get a job and who cons them of their moolah instead of seeing us as someone they should try and protect and provide us with a comfortable life??

Why are men nowadays so so sensitive with their $$$ that they are so unwilling to share, and if they do share, they wanna hear 2456214 reasons behind before parting with their money??

I'm just so intrigued.

I always thought that the boyfriend/husband should not ask question nor should they feel intimidated when their girlfriend or wife wanted some money or gifts from them.

Don't tell me that men are sissy in the current era and thus their womanly features are starting to show...  **gasp!!**

I just hope that this only happen to me and guys around me, and not all guys act the same way.

So I guess, staying at home, becoming a housewife, taking care of my kids, doing household chores (which is also my dream from young) won't be realized then. I've got to work hard in order to survive, even if I have kids, and shouldn't ask a penny from my husband.

Life surely is hard.

Men... They certainly are damn creatures. Making us women cry and at the same time stronger in order to face this tough world.

So my thought for today: We shouldn't rely too much on men especially when it comes to money, because if we do, we will end up losing our integrity and our trust will always be misplaced by them bastards.

Snow White, Cinderella, Aurora, Belle, WAKE UP YOU GUYS!! There's no happily ever after. You've gotta work your ass of in order to keep your prince charming beside you or he'll kick you out of the castle because you are not contributing $$$ to provide for the family.