Sunday, June 6, 2010

Do What The Japs Do, Eat What They Eat...

Well, the race in the saying should be the Romans, but still, it makes sense, right?? Well, one has to adapt to the environment and the food of the locals in order to survive. Can't always stick to my Malaysian food, can I?? And I can't find a single bloody shop that sells curry or rendang sauces.

Wait, I can't even find tomato or chilli sauce. CLIS!!!! (To remind you guys again, its Cindy's Life Is Shit)

And all I've got are soy sauce, wasabi and mayo. **Sigh...**

So  here are those pics of what I've been trying out for the last few weeks. Time really does flies, does it? I am here for almost 2 months. Can't believe that I'm able to survive that long.
Alright, enough of bullshitting.

Some yummy topping for rice/noodles. I think its a mixture of dried seaweed, corn, dried chilli and some unknown substance.



This is classic. What you need is an egg, a raw one and some soy sauce. Just place your raw egg on top of piping hot rice (you can have it luke warm if you are daring enough).

Then mix them all up with a dash of soy sauce (**note to myself, add more soy sauce in the future cuz it's less saltier than the Lee Kum Kee). I won't say that its f-delicious, but at least its still edible. I thought I would gag after eating this lump of shit rice.


Then of course, not forgetting the cold soba noodles. And I tell you. Its OMGCan'tBelieveThatI'dNeverTriedThisBeforeWhereOnEarthHaveYouBeenAllTheseYears TASTYTOTHEMAX (typing without spacing requires tons of effort, applaud me please!) You guys should really try this out. Especially home made ones. Just remember not to overcook your noodles.

And those little dark green bits on top of the noodles are dried seaweed (which I can't live without now). And the kamaboko (its that how you say it?? its the white white thing with pink spiral) taste good too.