Monday, March 2, 2009

Our Agung is Literate

I'm not being cynical or sarcastic or trying to be a smart ass condemning our Agung, k?? I'm just stating a fact which is shown in the news below!!!


TUANKU MIZAN CONFERRED HONORARY DOCTORATE

PUTRAJAYA, Feb 17 (Bernama) -- Yang di-Pertuan Agong Tuanku Mizan Zainal Abidin was today conferred an honorary doctorate by Queen's University, Belfast, Northern Ireland, for his support for higher education and for Malaysia's links with the university over the last 50 years.

Queen's University President and Vice-Chancellor Prof Peter Gregson conferred the doctorate on Tuanku Mizan in a ceremony at Istana Melawati here.It is the first time in its 160 years history that the university has conferred an honorary doctorate on a reigning monarch.

The ceremony was the highlight of a week-long visit to Malaysia by Prof Gregson.


OOoooooo....So there's a huge bonding going on between Northern Ireland and Malaysia...

That's a good thing, I'd say... But I used 5 years of hardwork, studying till the late nights and a RM130k to get a degree.... That's a sort of thing to be envied though (do I sound sour here?? -_-)

But at least now the Agung have a clue where Belfast is... wtf -_-

p/s: If you do not know, I've graduated from the University mentioned above... and am still currently in Belfast waiting for my Visa approval T__T