Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Beloved Oyakodon

My all time favourite Japanese dish since young, Oyakodon (Eggs with chicken and onions). I wouldn't mind walloping the onions in this dish (normally I would pick out onions from any dish)

Yes, and I really can't find any decent Oyakodon here in Belfast, then I proceed to make my own (ok, I haven't really give another Jap restaurant - The Ginger Tree a try).

And these are the ingredients for 1 person:
50ml Dashi Soup (1/5 u.s. cup)
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
1/2 tbsp Sake
1/2 tbsp Sugar
1/2 tbsp Mirin
1/2 Small Onion
85g Chicken Meat (3 oz)
2 Eggs
10 Japanese Wild Parsley (Mitsuba) (I omitted this)
200g Rice (7 oz)


Stupid blogger photo uploader :(

And the end result is totally gorgeous. Even Yoong loves it so much and eventually used Dashi in every dishes he cooked.
******************************************************************************
The method is shown in the video below:
How to Make Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl)