Saturday, December 19, 2009

KFC Xmas Party (Food)

At the Ramada Hotel. We paid £30 pp for Music DJs, the room, and the food.

Oh, I must say, this party is much better than the previous one, especially with all the good food and Christmasy environment, I'd enjoyed this one much more (and the plus factor is that boyfriend attended it with me).

Some of my Polish friends where we work great as a team. Love them all.


Our table was No.2, quite nice though cuz we were extremely late and luckily they reserved a place for us. Complimentary orange juice was given. And stupid me went to buy orange juice from the bar for £1.60 -__-'''



1st course, our starter, Winter Vegetable Soup. This is so much better than the last one I had in Benedicts. The slightly creamy texture and the wee saltiness of the soup goes hand in hand well. Not to mention the generous amount of spinach, barley and carrot that could be found underneath the broth. Goes really well with the complimentary baguette.


Then its our main course. Look at that huge portion. This was the boyfriend's. Its Roast Turkey With Stuffing and Seasonal Vegetables and Sausages. For I dislike turkey, I didn't really get to taste them.


But judging from the glutton side of boyfriend who wiped out almost everything on the plate, I guess its a thumbs up from him. This is truely a traditional dish fit for guys, I'd say.


This was my Pan Fried Salmon fillet with Lobster Bisque and Vegetables. And let me tell you, the creamy sauce does bring out the sweetness of the salmon. We practically licked the sauce clean and I'm not kidding you. Normally, you get bland tasting sauce when it comes to European cuisine, but this, is definitely the cream of the crop.
The bits of lobster, although was a bit on the chewy side, complimented the soft texture of the salmon. The salmon was well done, although I would have prefered it to be a bit undercooked. The vegetables were quite decent, just your normal veg with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.


At last, here comes the dessert. This was Traditional Pudding with sauce (which I can't quite remember). Am not a big fan of pudding, so after a mouthful, I stopped. And luckily this was boyfriend's portion. He didn't finish this either, so which meant... awful. Or was it maybe we were too full!!??


And this was mine, Charlotte with Chocolate and Vinegar. The blackish chocolate cup contains vinegar, not chocolate sauce, a super huge let down, and I would have much prefer it to be some sweet sauce to go with the cake-like thingy.


The one that I'd enjoyed most, cream -__-''' Seriously, how bad can a dessert get?


I don't fancy this. OK, I don't like it at all. It has this weird taste that doesn't fall into the category of the 4 taste: sweet, sour, spicy, bitter. Its just purely like eating a piece of creamy paper. So, after 2 mouthfuls, I gave up on trying to give it several 2nd chances. I love dessert or other sweet things, so, please lah, don't mess up my night by ending the course with this kinda "junk". Sigh...
Anyway, this post is just the food version. As there are so many pictures to post, I divided it into 2 parts. Because I'm running out of writing ideas and need to prolong the longetivity of my blog thus the sectioning of event posts -__-'''
Oh yeah, I just went Christmas shopping for myself -__-''' and spend so much yesterday that I don't have the courage to face my bank account statement. Argh, help!!