Wednesday, April 1, 2009

24th Birthday

Sorry guys, but entries of these few days would be about how I celebrated my birthday. I know, its lame and nothing to shout about, but I just wanna keep it for remembrance as nobody could celebrate their 24th bday twice in a life time...


So just bear with me.... Here goes...

Getting ready for the whole shopping trip. Put on make-up (which I seldom do).

Had luncheon in Lee Garden. Chee Cheong Fun. Don't ask me to translate in english, I haven't got a clue. It tasted alright... I wish that there were more sauce to soak the Fun...

Next up is this combination of roasted pork, roasted duck and soy sauce chicken to go with the stir-fry flat noodles. (what the heck, its only 4 words in chinese, "san shao he fen 三烧河粉")
***************************************************************************
I love the roast pork best. Its crunchy skin really adds texture and it doesn't have those distinctive porky smell. But the chicken was a total let-down. Too dry and tough, like they had been frozen for weeks. The noodles are too dry though, we had to ask for another bowl of sauce to drench the noodle.

Har gao. Or rather prawn dumpling. I love the filling but hate the skin. Its always like that. Can't find any decent har gao skin anywhere... Always a disappointment.

My favourite, the deep-fried bean curd skin with prawn filling. This is a total yum. I don't care whether its tasteless, cuz I do think that the chrunchiness of the skin and the springiness of the prawn filling really made up for the overall yum-level.

More pictures cuz me likey!!! ^__^

That's the squid cake. This is also really delicious. I wish I could have some now...

Don't play-play, we finished everything....

Next up is the where the real fun begins, SHOE SHOPPING !!!!


Pardon the elephant calf of mine. But I just love all of them. If only there's no restraint on money, I would definitely bag them all.

Yoong was bored, so he took pictures for me...

This looks cute. But Yoong forbid me to have them. T__T . He's paying, so gotta listen to the one with authority.

This shoe is the 1st picture I pasted in my previous post about how I love Topshop Shoes. I didn't get them, cuz it was a bit impractical for me as I don't go partying often. You can't expect me to walk on the streets in it, do you??

Eh, I love this a lot.. But the opening at the ankle is really big, which makes walking difficult. So, sadly, I put them away (I do mean sadly, as you could see my face turn black when I put them back to its respective shelf)

Poor him, gotta pay for his gf's greed. I really pity him you know, burning £200 off his wallet.

Anyway, had dinner at TGI Fridays. I know, how uncreative I can get, dining at TGI for my birthday, but you know, Yoong haven't been to one, so thought of letting him have a taste of the famous franchise.

Cam-whoring while waiting for food...





We had Oreo shake and Club Orange. The shakes a bit too sweet though...

My New York Strip glazed with signature Jack Daniel's sauce, onion rings and fries as sides... I tell you, this is so so so good. The aroma drifting out from the dish is totally heaven ( I can still picture it now, or rather smell it now) and the sauce is really up to my liking, sweet and tangy, which goes really well with the beef.
****************************************************************************
The only disappointment is that I'd ordered medium well, but it came as well done. No pinkish middle or whatsoever, but the meat was not too tough. But the sides are really a downfall. I mean I could go without them. They, supposingly crunchy, isn't at all.
****************************************************************
I would say, the saviour of the whole dish is the sauce.
Yoong's Jack Daniel Chicken. He doesn't seem to enjoy it much. But he did like the sauce. You know, maybe we are more well suited to chinese dishes, you know, salty and oily and stir-fry.
Typical chinese, us...


The last stop, Movie House.


I know, I'm so so late in catching movies, I mean how long has Watchmen been screening, 1 month ago?? Overall, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It has so much entertaining bits but yet the whole scene was mind disturbing. That's for another post though..
**************************************************************************
I am really satisfied with what I'd got for my birthday. And a special thanks to Yoong who was willing to spent 12 hours with me, shopping, dining, movies and reluctantly spent £200 (why do I always have to bring up this amount??) on my birthday presents and other activities...
*****************************************************************************
I'm not gonna say I Love You here as I'd been doing that behind the scene ;P and you know it.