Sunday, July 19, 2009

Giant's Causeway

I'll let the pro describe about this magnificent place of nature.

Wikipedia:
The Giant's Causeway (or Irish: Clochán na bhFómharach)[1] is an area of about 40,000 interlocking basalt columns, the result of an ancient volcanic eruption. The Giant's Causeway was named as the fourth greatest natural wonder in the United Kingdom. The tops of the columns form stepping stones that lead from the cliff foot and disappear under the sea. Most of the columns are hexagonal, although there are also some with four, five, seven and eight sides. The tallest are about 12 metres (36 ft) high, and the solidified lava in the cliffs is 28 metres thick in places.

And let me tell you this, not only the scenary was breathtaking, but the whole experience of stepping onto it was just enthralling.




See?? Told ya, even the word AWESOME couldn't describe the beauty of it. Lost of words.

But loads of walking had to be done. Wearing appropriate attire is a must. Not to mention loads of sun-protection gear have to be don on.




Trying to act emo here, but really, I look like I wanna jump off the steps and swim away from this world (sure drown cuz my swimming skill ain't that great).

The best part is, they are built by mother nature, no human activities involve.

I am King of the World of Peace. Just make sure that I don't fall of those rocks. And frankly speaking, my outfit really doesn't suit this kinda activity.

There you go, totally captivating sight. Even looking at the photos could make me go "what the...". Do come by here if you happen to be in Northern Ireland. I could provide lodging for you (free leh!!).