Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How's The Food on Our 1st Year Anniversary?

We had our dinner at Tony Roma's and the food was definitely worth a steal, or should I say yummilicious. But of course, not all of them and man, did we finish them all.

Our starter was this sweet chilli wings thingy and it was yummy, for the 1st few ones though, as the more we ate, the more they tasted like dessert and we found it hard to gobble them down like normal chicken.


This is the famous ribs of Tony Roma's except that I asked for a combo meal instead of the whole rack of ribs. The crunchy prawns were fried to perfection and the ribs tasted good (just that the meat was a tad too little and too bony for ribs sake!). Love the boiled green beans sauteed with butter. A 4 out of 10 for the fries. But the 2 sauces (sour tangy red one and the herb mayo) was really quite a noah for the whole platter (noah save the day/the animals).


Great stuff this chocolate shake was. A typical shake fit for my liking.


I love love love x 100 this mango cocktail. Its so sweet that for a while I thought I was having juice. But the fiery finish at the end of the throat really stopped me from drinking more. But still, I'll definitely come back for more of this sweet alcoholic drink. The slice of pineapple is really just for deco, no fuse...


The salad to go with Yoong's chicken. Didn't try it as I hated salad.


The breast of chicken. We always wonder why the hell does chicken breasts always have to taste bland and tough!?? I mean, isn't there a way to tenderize the meat and flavour it before serving to customers. This is a huge let down for the night. But Yoong did enjoy the champs (mash potatoes with spring onions), and the big eater couldn't finish his share, that's like so weird...


Wonder why did he pick out this shirt. I mean, really, this is a special occassion and I sure wish that he could be more properly dressed. But still, happy anniversary my dear.


Last but not least, the ice cream as dessert. Just simple plain old ice cream, and I'm paying freaking £5 for this glass of crap. Well, its not that crap actually, just that once you taste it, you know that its those ice cream from Tesco, and its the value one too.


Service was attentive that night, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself, downing food into my stomach and trying to burst it. I do think its the company that night that made the food tastier ^__^ and Yoong just couldn't stop looking at me that night, muahahahaha.....

Cheers Liang Zi, we finally arrive to a year's supply of love and may there be more love and affection in the future.