Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Bee Hoon Kuey, My Favourite

Well, cheap cheap ingredients but just need some effort in making the dough and tearing them out and making them as flat as possible. But still, its the usual batter ingredients with a small bowl of flour, an egg, pinch of salt, shake of pepper and some water. Knead till you get a firm but yet soft texture (like noodles).

As for the sauce, mix some soy sauce, dark soy sauce, half teaspoon of sugar and shake of pepper with a dash of sesame oil. Mix some chilli oil (with fried chilli bits inside) and you get the extra kick for the spicy tooth (its actually sweet tooth, but you know -__-''')


Deep fry some anchovies and boil the bean sprout and the dough pieces. Mix everything up and there you go, a not-so-authentic but still Malaysian Bee Hoon Kuey. I shoulda boil some soup with pork ball in it. Then it would be a perfect winter dish!!!
Am suppose to go for a Job Aptittude Test Session (mock one!!) organized by the university, but since I'm feeling low in energy and my bones/muscles/tendons are about to scattered all over the place (can you believe it that my body's been aching since the day I'd clean the house - last Sunday) plus the lazy bug in me, so, am skipping this session and continue with my webbing (yeah, surfing the internet has a new name, call webbing, say Hi to Mr. Webbing -__-''')