Friday, January 8, 2010

Late Post, Christmas Dinner

Ooohoo, neglected my blog for like almost 4 days and am feeling a bit guilty. Well, basically, I'd been working my ass off for 12 hours per day continous for the past few days and really haven't got the muscle/strength/brain to write up a post.

Haha, I still have some leftover pictures from last month that I'm meaning to share with you guys. So here it is...

We (Yoong and me of course) had a simple dinner for Christmas, a not so candle-light, candle-light dinner. But its still romantic nontheless even though its freezing inside the house.


Haha, really nice setting right?? Like a typical atmosphere you can find in a restaurant. All these are prepared by Yoong, by himself only I swear cuz I was too busy bathing (just got back from work) and slapping on make up.


And this is our entree, starter, appetizer or whatever you call it. Really pretty hor!!!?? I absolutely adore it. That's garlic baguette at the far back, baked mushroom with cheese on the left and salmon with mayo on crackers on the right.
And the taste?? Of course its gorgeous, how can I not credit the chef?? ;p

A photo in between the meal. And I was damn shivering at that time, imagine me wearing sleeveless on the night of 2 degrees celcius. The heater was on full blast beneath the table from preventing me turning into popsicle.
And if you are wondering, that's not red wine, its RIBENA!!!! I don't drink alcohol, sorry.


And this..... is our leading character of the night, MRS ROAST WHOLE CHICKEN WITH PORK STUFFING UNDERNEATH (don't ask me why I name it MRS).


And here's the post-mortem for MRS ROAST..... (blah blah). Although the meat was a bit too cooked and mashed, but the stuffing was incredible and the skin was fantastic with that slightly sweet and burnt taste.


And this was my portion with creamy pepper sauce slather on it and a side of salad with cheese and bacon as well as some sauteed potatoes.
OK, I'm totally drooling right now. I wanna have one now...


To give it a sweet ending, we have this fruit cocktail which consist of lychee, mango, mandarins, and pineapple. And umm we cheated and use can fruits instead of the real deal, but never mind that.
I love the dinner. Any gals would if we don't have to prepare, cook and do the washing up later on but all we just did was sitting on the sofa, sipping on our ribena (=__=) and looking at the man of our dreams doing all the work with a blissful smile on our face ^__^