Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Youtube Videos - ELF Face Products Haul & Review

Yay!!!! I've finally filmed, edited and uploaded a video on Youtube. After spending hours, the finishing product is up and hope that you guys could help me to watch and rate and comment on it and please give me some constructive idea to make it better.. Thanks.

To view it ==> ELF Face Products Haul & Review

1st product is the Corrective Concealer which contains 4 colours: Nude, Green, Lilac and Beige

Price: £3.50

Photobucket
It comes with an applicator, which I think its too small, so I use my fingers instead.


Photobucket
ELF Advertise:
Conceals under-eye darkness, blemishes and other skin imperfections with customized coverage. Brightens under-eye circles and neutralizes redness. Convenient size for on-the-go travel.


My Opinion:
Here are the swatches. As you can see, they are really sheer and quite creamy which led me to layering if I want more coverage and as an end result, the product caked on my skin, making my complexion fake. Maybe its just my problem area which are either too dark or too red. But I do find this a bit oily after application.

Ratings: 7/10

Repurchase: No, as product does not give much coverage

Photobucket
Contouring Blush and Bronzer Palette

Price: £3.50

ELF Advertise:
Create a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful definition. (Blush and Bronze both have a soft shimmer).



Photobucket
My Opinion:

I like the colour and the pigmentation and the long lasting power. Its not cakey and I love the fact that I don't need to apply layers to acheive the flush colour. Its easy to blend, although its a bit too shimmery for my liking, it does give my complexion a glow. Not bad for something so cheap.

I do not think that its similar to NARS Orgasm Blush in terms of pigmentation because NARS is a bit sheer on more on the pinkish side while ELF is more of like a coral and cool pink tone.

Ratings: 9/10

Repurchase: Yes


Photobucket
Under Eye Concealer and Highlighter

Price: £3.50

ELF Advertise:
Correct under eye problematic areas such as dark circles and bags easily and effectively! Contains vitamins A & E, chamomile, caffeine and green tea to moisturize, soothe, and tighten the skin around the delicate eye area. Blends in easily and evenly to provide a smooth and natural finish.

My Opinion:
I like the concealer part which is easy to blend and gives very good coverage, especially on my dark eye circles. I just need to use my fingers to tap gently and the product totally absorbed in my skin. The applicator is a bit slanted to give easy application on weird areas.

However, I'm not a big fan of the highlighter. Its too bright and white. Its like a complete colour on its own. Although it does have illuminating powers, I hope that it wouldn't be too prominent in terms of pigmentation. Oh wait, it shouldn't have any pigmentation at all.

Ratings: 7/10

Repurchase: Yes due to its convenient shape of a pencil and good foundation coverage

Photobucket
Mineral Booster

Price: £3.50

ELF Advertise:
Achieve the ultimate, translucent "photo finishing touch" to your makeup, our Mineral Booster melts into your skin, infusing it with key vitamins A, B and E to promote healthier skin that’s noticeably silkier and smoother. Completely sheer and ideal for all skin tones, Mineral Booster gently absorbs oil and minimizes the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and pores for a beautiful even finish. Wear alone or buff over our Mineral Concealer and Foundation to lend extra staying power and to achieve a professional and stunning porcelain matte look that will last all day.


Photobucket
My Opinion:
A very good product that comes with affordable prize. Easy to blend, really sets my make up, sheer glow to it and really does gives me a matte finish and doesn't cake up my face. Nothing more else to say except superb product.

Ratings: 9/10 as I wish that more powder could come out from its section through the holes so that I don't have to repeatingly shake the bottle.

Repurchase: Yes, but I would like to try out the Mineral Glow