Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Koi

Just a note: In case I forgot: Yesterday, was a really weird day for me. 2 customers (note: they are the locals) asked for my phone number and a staff say that I'm pretty. **evil laugh**. I didn't know that I could attract so much attention. **feeling proud**. Don't hit me.

OK, back to the title. We went to have our dinner at Koi after the musuem as I heard that they sell Malaysian Nasi Lemak and I was really itching for some hometown food.

The price for food was quite reasonable which comes to about £9 for a dish and rice.


The interior was quite relaxing. And I heard that during the weekends, reservation has to be made as it would be fully booked.

Here's what we ordered.

Salted chilli squid. This taste good. A typical taste of what salted chilli should be like. I just think that its not quite fragrant enough.

Crispy noodle. The chef was really generous of the ingredients. Taste wise, although the sauce could a bit more salty, but the crispy noodles is fried to ok-ness.

My Rendang chicken with nasi lemak. They don't do sambal here, which is sort of a pity, but instead, the rendang has become its substitude. The rendang is spicy and aromatic enough, reminded me a lot of Malaysia's version.

Japanese thousand layer sandwich which is actually bread with batter fried prawn. The prawns are succulent and juicy enough but the bread is a bit like hard. I'm not sure whether its because of staleness or whatever, but the mayonaise really compliment the whole dish.
The bill comes at £30 including tips. They provide delivery too and guess what? The prices of food for delivery is much more cheaper than sit-in.

I would rate it 8/10.