Sunday, May 10, 2009

World Of Ancient 2

Here goes the showcase that display the culture and how the Victorians live in the olden days.


Love this dress, exactly what I'm looking for. Can I buy it??


Beehive hair. Maybe only suitable for the wedding.

Went to the folk village to have a look and got really fascinated by how real everything looks. Its like walking through a time machine which I had landed in the Victorian days.

Cute Iron. Is that a stove in the middle?

A heavy hot water bottle made from porcelain. I wonder how they were able to sleep carrying such a heavy item while tossing and turning in bed...

An array of Chinas.

The bank manager in those times (well, of course, he's just an employee here to help us visitors get to know more about the place, but he sure does act like one). And the manager, is considered rich and of highly statues if compared to the commoners.

The post office. Love the interior.

The reading room.

Police Station with minimalized furniture. Maybe suitable for fighting with the criminal perhaps. Oh yeah, before I forgot, the fireplace is the only heating element in a building. I can imagine how black their ceiling would be once the house age. But, it seems kinda cosy.

Their cinema... Charlie Chaplin was on screening that day.

The pub.


The hardware store. We were quite dumbstruck by the display of items there. It was like, really, they meant for those items to be sold to us. I was even looking for a price tag. I mean, everything was so well stocked and organized. Just like a typical shop.
The medicine room at the clinic.

The weaving shed where an old woman was demonstrating to us how to weave a rug. The 1st time seeing someone using such equipment. According to the lady, those that she weaved are not only for display purposes, they were also sold to the musuem too. But I can see she was quite lonely. Imagine that you have to stay in this room everyday, alone, doing the same thing over and over again. Now, I start to pity her.
OK, this is the end of my trip. I tried not to make it a long and lenghty post but more picture oriented. Anyway, wished everyone have a good day and do stop by often. Thanks y'all.