Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chilli Con Carne Again

Yoong told me that Chilli Con Carne (CCC) is not pronounced as "cheeli kon kan", he said that someone told him that it should be "cheeli kon kanay"...

But I still prefer the old one as its fun to say "cheeli kon kan", "cheeli kon kan", "cheeli kon kan", "cheeli kon kan", "cheeli kon kan", "cheeli kon kan", "cheeli kon kan"...... -__-

OK, back to the tajuk (title), made this again cuz I'm a fan of this mexican dish.

Twicked the recipe and I got this chinese version of CCC....

1. Marinate the minced chicken (500g) with soy sauce (I know, very chinese right??), sesame oil (again chinese), sugar, tons of white and black pepper, cornstarch and some flour for about half an hour.

2. Dice carrots and onions (perferably 2 whole onions).

3. Chop some garlic.


4. Mix the paste with some water (actually, all ingredients and methods are stated on the packet, so if you wan the real authentic one, then use their recipe, I'm too lazy and too poor to prepare the real stuff and I don't like kidney beans).

5. Brown them garlic and onions.

6. Stir fry the chicken till it gives a whitish colour.
7. Add in the paste as well as the carrots and pour in some water.
8. Let it boil for 10 minutes (or until carrots are softened).
9. Serve warm with rice.

10. Say "yummy!!" and lick your lips...
Done.