Friday, June 5, 2009

A Decent Paella

I was planning to have a meal of a fiesta in La Tasca of tons and tons of tapas in front of me (have the discount voucher of 50% mah...), but, due to certain circumstances (more of the bf side), we have to cancel the candle light dinner (true what, La Tasca's table has a candle on it and the whole surrounding is dim).

But I'm so craving for this spanish dish that it upsets me a lot, then bf took me to go grocery shopping to liften my mood -__- I love food, so looking at food makes me happy, thus, Tesco we went.

Then we saw this...

Haha, as quick as a bird, we grab this and dunk into our trolley. Ooo, I'm having Paella tonight **singing tone**.

It costs us £5 (eh, La Tasca charge us £5 per plate too if it weren't for the discount voucher) and it much more bigger portion than LT.

Taste wise is quite decent with enough of sauce to drench the whole rice into a puddle of mud-gooey rice. The ingredients (prawn, salami, chicken, bell peppers, grean peas, some unknown veg) are generous. I do think that it tasted better than LT as its salty enough (LT was extrememly horrible with its bigger platter of Paella, too salty for consumption and the ingredients are so meagre).
I love the salami and the prawn, very chewy. But the chicken is a bit like those frozen too long in the freezer. Well, I can't get anything perfect in this world, right?
I would say, £5 well spent.