Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Detoxing The Salt

One day, I was washing my hair, thinking that I should make it cleaner, thus the 2 minutes more than usual routine of massaging my hair with the shampoo. And when I was about to rinse my hand, I was in a major shock that like about 20 strands of hair just came off...

**snapping finger**, just like that... I mean, OMFG!!! what on earth happen to me?? I'm going bald.

Well, it didn't take the genious in me to realize that I was actually salt overdose and I'm wearing my hairband too tightly (I have to, as I'm working in KFC and we need to wear hairnets).

Therefore, I'd decided to launch my 1st ever detox plan. Its a plan where I'll eliminate salt in my food for just one day.

Then let the games begin (or rather it had already begun)...

1st thing 1st, I googled how to detox and found a list of food that I could consume and making note which food to avoid. I even found activities of detoxing such as having sufficient sleeping, destressing and sweating (apparently to eleminate toxin waste from the skin).

I was determine to get it done this time as I had always failed in history by succumbing to chocolates (I know, I know, greedy sweet-tooth me, -__-)

Lunch was a simple one. Using extra virgin olive oil to stir-fry romaine lettuce and prawns with garlic without any salt could be really daunting to my taste-buds and my brain. But, I just have to get this done right.

Pairing it up with brown rice. Only brown rice is allowed, no normal white fragrant Thailand rice. T__T

My dinner (don't ask me why is it still so bright outside, summer is approaching and the sun only sets at around 10.30pm). Baked potatoes, baked salmon with boil sweetcorns and french beans (underneath the fish).
I'd sprinkle some ground black peppercorn, mixed herbs and drizzle some extra virgin olive oil on them.
The salmon and the corns tasted quite good actually (althought without any salt or other seasonings). But it really does provide a satisfactory meal.
And guess what, I was craving for more food at 10pm (dinner at 7pm) and was battling to get my senses right as I was about to reach for the pack of crisps...