Friday, February 13, 2009

The Ideal Age To Marry??

Marriage is about the the union of 2 people who are either too deeply in love or have the commitment to bind this relationship with a piece of paper (meaning, tying each other together legally). But many treated marriage as a very holy matrimony that is worth celebrating grandly and worth investing millions of bucks for a better future...

But as a little gal, I often wonder, what is the ideal age to get married?? Or do we have to get married in order to be a whole and complete person??
According to some study, the older you get married the less likely you will end up in divorce... Lets see some facts:
Divorce rates are lowest for men and women who marry for the first time at age 28 or later
The chances for a stable marriage increase as both partners reach the age of 30 and then the rates level off
The divorce rate for those who marry at twenty-one or twenty-two is exactly double the divorce rate for those who marry at twenty-four or twenty-five
The divorce rate for couples under twenty is incredibly high (between 80 and 85%).
The average age for first marriages in England and Wales is 31 for men and 29 for women


As for me, I think the ideal age of getting married is 28 (I wish to have a family after 29 or so) as I think that I still some space for me to grow my working empire and concentrate on living life to the fullest (I can't do that if I have a family tying me down).

I know I sounded as if as I'm scared of marriage or something, but with marriage, comes huge responsibility that I'm not sure whether I'm ready to take or not... So I do need some time to mature myself before having the guts to get married...

How about you?? What age do you plan to get married or what age are you married in??